Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers beat Wiz

8 point dogs...

SIX players in double figures and 3 players with double-doubles...including Noel's replacement, Holmes (who also had 5 blocks)

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    8 point dogs...

SIX players in double figures and 3 players with double-doubles...including Noel's replacement, Holmes (who also had 5 blocks)
    Saric once again with a good game. He's so good.

Also, Covington has become a heck of a player.
    Last edited by nerd; 02-24-2017, 11:31 PM.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

He's very likely to get ROY if Embiid doesn't return.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        Saric once again with a good game. He's so good.

Also, Covington has become a heck of a player.
        Covington is going to get a big deal from Philly and he deserves it. His defense is phenomenal and when he is making shots, he is a perfect 3 in the NBA. Saric is one scrappy dude. I love his game and skillset. Shows you how good and in-depth teams are in the Euroleague when it comes to defense. He has been far more productive than I thought he would be.

Comment

I'm sure the fans who were livid Hinkie took Dario over Doug McBuckets have reconsidered that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            I'm sure the fans who were livid Hinkie took Dario over Doug McBuckets have reconsidered that position.
            Correct.

The Bulls just gave him away...

Comment

YET ANOTHER PROCESS GAME.
              FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN READING, NOEL WAS UP FOR A NEW CONTRACT FOR A BOATLOAD OF CASH. IN MY NON HOOPS EYES, IT WAS A GOOD MOVE TO GET THREE PLAYERS FOR HIM, INCLUDING A TOP 18 PICK.

QUESTION FOR HOOPS GUYS, WOULD NOEL BE WORTH THE 20 TO 25 MIL A YEAR THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TO PAY HIM, OR GET THREE PLAYERS IN RETURN WITH POTENTIAL? LEARN ME.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                YET ANOTHER PROCESS GAME.
                FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN READING, NOEL WAS UP FOR A NEW CONTRACT FOR A BOATLOAD OF CASH. IN MY NON HOOPS EYES, IT WAS A GOOD MOVE TO GET THREE PLAYERS FOR HIM, INCLUDING A TOP 18 PICK.

QUESTION FOR HOOPS GUYS, WOULD NOEL BE WORTH THE 20 TO 25 MIL A YEAR THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TO PAY HIM, OR GET THREE PLAYERS IN RETURN WITH POTENTIAL? LEARN ME.
                There's no top 18 pick. It's top 18 protected, and there's zero chance Dallas will be drafting outside the first 18 picks. So it turns into 2 second rounders next year.

Otherwise, I agree with you. There were nothing but bad options for Noel. They got what they could and cleared the logjam. Now Okafor can get the minutes he needs to recover some value. I'm fine with the deal.

Comment

COOL THANKS FOR THE INPUT. WHAT DOES TOP 18 PROTECTED MEAN?
                  Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 02-25-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

They aren't getting a Top 18 pick for him. They are trying to spin it like they received a first-rounder but they really didn't. It's a Top 18-protected pick (which means the pick has to land between 19-30) which means Dallas, the team with the same record as the Sixers, would have to go on a very improbable run for them to cash in.

In regards to The Process games, we need this team to lose out and the Kings to do the same. We also need the Lakers to win games.

Noel is not worth a big contract and Richaun Holmes appears to be suitable replacement if they decide to move Okafor.
                    Last edited by Snakebitten; 02-25-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                      There's no top 18 pick. It's top 18 protected, and there's zero chance Dallas will be drafting outside the first 18 picks. So it turns into 2 second rounders next year.

Otherwise, I agree with you. There were nothing but bad options for Noel. They got what they could and cleared the logjam. Now Okafor can get the minutes he needs to recover some value. I'm fine with the deal.
                      Ehhh there actually is a possibility Dallas makes the playoffs so I am rooting hard for DAL this second half

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                        They aren't getting a Top 18 pick for him. They are trying to spin it like they received a first-rounder but they really didn't. It's a Top 18-protected pick (which means the pick has to land between 19-30) which means Dallas, the team with the same record as the Sixers, would have to go on a very improbable run for them to cash in.

In regards to The Process games, we need this team to lose out and the Kings to do the same.

Noel is not worth a big contract and Richaun Holmes appears to be suitable replacement if they decide to move Okafor.
                        DO YOU THINK OKAFOR WILL BE TRADED? IS THERE ANY DEVELOPMENT THAT CAN TAKE PLACE FOR HIM TO GET BETTER?

THIS WHOLE 18 PROTECTED THING IS CONFUSING AS HELL. I'M GONNA HAVE TO GO LOOK THIS SHIT UP.
                        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 02-25-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                          Ehhh there actually is a possibility Dallas makes the playoffs so I am rooting hard for DAL this second half
                          NOW I'M THOROUGHLY CONFUSED. ROOT FOR DALLAS? WHA WHA WHAT?

Comment

Don't over complicate things by rooting for Dallas. They aren't making the playoffs. They basically have the same chance as the Sixers do.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                              DO YOU THINK OKAFOR WILL BE TRADED? IS THERE ANY DEVELOPMENT THAT CAN TAKE PLACE FOR HIM TO GET BETTER?

THIS WHOLE 18 PROTECTED THING IS CONFUSING AS HELL. I'M GONNA HAVE TO GO LOOK THIS SHIT UP.
                              It appears that Okafor will eventually get traded because Colangelo has the worst poker face in the NBA. He made it very clear during his press conference that if the right opportunity presents itself he will move him.

He doesn't fit here. He's still only 21 years old. We have to hope another GM thinks that Okafor is still playing through injury (and other distractions) and that he can return to the numbers he put up last year. He still has plenty of time to turn it around, it just won't happen here.

Comment

Working...
                              X