Would you trade Jordan Matthews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade Jordan Matthews?

If a team offered a future 2nd round pick?

I just read a blurb that the Ravens are looking for a possession receiver, and I also think Matthews doesn't really have a future with the Eagles beyond this season.

He will want to get paid, and if the Eagles make a splash FA WR signing and draft a WR early, Matthews will be the odd man out. I say make a deal now if you can get some value.

In a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I just read a blurb that the Ravens are looking for a possession receiver, and I also think Matthews doesn't really have a future with the Eagles beyond this season.

He will want to get paid, and if the Eagles make a splash FA WR signing and draft a WR early, Matthews will be the odd man out. I say make a deal now if you can get some value.
      All depends on what they do in the next 2 months. I see your point here, but he is ALL we have as of today.

Comment

Yes. Without a second thought, without any hesitation.

Comment

How about a 2019 2nd?

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
          Yes. Without a second thought, without any hesitation.
          You basically go with an entire new WR crew for Wentz for 2017 and no immediate draft return...

I know...a lot of "what ifs"

Comment

You basically go with an entire new WR crew for Wentz for 2017 and no immediate draft return...

I know...a lot of "what ifs"
            Still yes. If it's my call, WR is my top priority in FA and I'm drafting 2 more in the first five rounds.

Plus, I'd have no plan to retain Matthews beyond his rookie contract anyway, so this deal would be a gift.

Comment

Why would he be the odd man out?

He's a slot receiver. Sign a FA and draft one or two outside type WRs.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Without question. Especially if the pick is a 2nd this draft.

Comment

ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT IGGS GET IN RETURN. IF YOU CAN GET A GOOD DRAFT PICK THIS YEAR, I'D DO IT, AND HAVE THE KID GROW ALONG WITH A GOOD YOUNG RECEIVER GROUP.

SPEED SPEED AND MORE SPEED IS WHAT THE KID NEEDS TO THROW TO.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    ALSO A GOOD POINT. HE CAN BE A GOOD SLOT GUY, THEY ARE NORMALLY POSSESSION RECEIVERS. DRAFT A BURNER FOR OUTSIDE SIGN D JAX ON THE OTHER SIDE.

ALTHOUGH I STILL THINK AGHOLOR CAN TURN IT AROUND TO COME OFF THE BENCH, IF HE GETS HIS HEAD ON STRAIGHT.

Comment

I personally do not think Matthews is that good. He makes some nice plays here and there but he doesn't even strike me as a really solid possession receiver with his drop woes.... With that said, him and Carson really get along and seem to have a strong chemistry so maybe he improves and takes bigger steps when they can actually bring in a legit down field threat this off season. Tough to be a possession receiver when you have shit options going down the field.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                        I personally do not think Matthews is that good. He makes some nice plays here and there but he doesn't even strike me as a really solid possession receiver with his drop woes.... With that said, him and Carson really get along and seem to have a strong chemistry so maybe he improves and takes bigger steps when they can actually bring in a legit down field threat this off season. Tough to be a possession receiver when you have shit options going down the field.
                        YOUR RIGHT. MY BRAIN STOPPED FUNCTIONING. I FORGOT HE DROPS A TON OF BALLS. I'VE BEEN THINKIN ABOUT DIRT RACIN THIS MONTH.
                        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 02-25-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

No. Not because I think he is great, but the fact that the eagles simply don't draft well. Chances are they will pick a wr that isn't as good as jordan.
                          Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Because he probably won't be re-signed

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                            He'll more than likely want more than traditional "slot WR-only" money, and I don't think they extend him this year.

The wild card is if they do hit on a FA and several draftees, and Matthews just kills it from the slot...

Comment

No he is the only receiver who catch the ball and make something happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X