I'm glad that this isn't like the last time the Eagles went to the SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad that this isn't like the last time the Eagles went to the SB

If you recall, that year there was only one week between the NFCCG and the SB.

I'll always believe it hurt them, especially when I heard the scuttlebutt on the ground in Jacksonville that a number of players, including one that will always love you, were seen around town partying it up quite a bit.

The extra week should allow the team to get any celebrations out of the system as well as prepare more. How many players on the Eagles have SB experience, anyway? I wonder if Chris Long can offer any advice about the Patriots.
    Last edited by IronPyrite; 01-24-2018, 07:37 PM.
    Go Bird Go !

I actually don’t remember that at all (the no bye-week). A lot of stories have come out that the 2004 team was partying leading up until the SB.
    Jenkins, Smith and Blount have also won SBs, so they have a few guys who have been there.

Comment

NFC title game was january 23rd. SB was february 6th.

i think 2001 was the only time that there was no bye week.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        NFC title game was january 23rd. SB was february 6th.

i think 2001 was the only time that there was no bye week.
        I looked it up. You and roth are correct.

Maybe I just remember it that way b/c I was in a hurry scrambling to get plane tickets and a hotel. Jacksonville isn't a place with a lot of hotels.
        Go Bird Go !

Comment

I don't think this is that type of team. Theyll do their celebrating after they win.

Lots of solid veteran leadership and Wentz/Foles certainly aren't partying types. Anybody who steps out of line is going to hear about it.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

You aren't the first person to say this - Some weird Mandela effect stuff going on.

Comment

Defense wins championships and....

...any rest that our defense can get is going to help. The problem is Brady. He's like a football cyber-knife.

Comment

There was also a lot more talk of advance teams for each conference championship participant going to Jacksonville ahead of time. I don't recall seeing any of that this year.

Comment

Far better chance of a W too. I’d have to look up who the Eagles starting front four were on defense in that game. This year’s version has the blueprint to get it done, executing it will be the difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X