Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find this almost impossible to believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find this almost impossible to believe.

From the Buffalo News:

"According to the Bills, Matthews is one of just five receivers to record 65 or more catches and 800 or more receiving yards in each of his first three NFL seasons. The others are Odell Beckham Jr., Mike Evans, A.J. Green and Randy Moss."

Honestly, did Matthews do anything memorable in his three years in Philly? Memorable in a good way that is? He isn't even in the same area code with those other four receivers.

I think that there's a whole lot of 3rd and 8 there and he caught a pass for 6. I read that stat last week and found it hard to digest.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      From the Buffalo News:

"According to the Bills, Matthews is one of just five receivers to record 65 or more catches and 800 or more receiving yards in each of his first three NFL seasons. The others are Odell Beckham Jr., Mike Evans, A.J. Green and Randy Moss."

Honestly, did Matthews do anything memorable in his three years in Philly? Memorable in a good way that is? He isn't even in the same area code with those other four receivers.
      He was productive stat in a vacuum wise but not a guy who would make the big clutch play.

Also his value outside is questionable. I don't think the Eagles wanted to spend a lot of $$$ on a slot receiver when they have other players they like in that role.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think he's a solid NFL player but I also have some recollection of people commenting that Matthews was noted for padding his stats when games were out of reach late.

EDITED TO ADD: And considering the other WRs on the team, I don't have the numbers but I imagine he got the lion's share of the targets.
        Last edited by slag; 08-11-2017, 05:16 PM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - confidential to RSE

I like Hollins an' all, but it annoys me to see someone other than Jackson wearing 10 for the Eagles.

Particularly, after watching the first episode of Hard Knocks and seeing various Buc players splooging over him in practice as he runs away from people like they're standing still.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Chip sure showed him.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/bucswire....ning-camp/amp/

Comment

Chip sure showed him.
                Here is a somewhat amusing read:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-picks-grading

I love this quote:
                "Hence why terms like "value" and "reach" are overstated. Kelly's real sense of "value" isn't where a player is drafted. Instead, it's about how a certain player fits into the Eagles' scheme and culture."
                --------

Comment

From the Buffalo News:

Here are the averages for those five receivers. See if you can spot JMatt's numbers.

1. 79 rec, 1193 yards, 9 TDs
                  2. 96 rec, 1374 yards, 12 TDs
                  3. 80 rec, 1189 yards, 8 TDs
                  4. 77 rec, 1205 yards, 12 TDs
                  5. 75 rec, 891 yards, 6 TDs

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    Here are the averages for those five receivers. See if you can spot JMatt's numbers.

1. 79 rec, 1193 yards, 9 TDs
                    2. 96 rec, 1374 yards, 12 TDs
                    3. 80 rec, 1189 yards, 8 TDs
                    4. 77 rec, 1205 yards, 12 TDs
                    5. 75 rec, 891 yards, 6 TDs
                    I actually think that stat was put out there by HoLow while he was shopping Matthews around. It appeared a lot on Twitter over the last couple of months.
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      I actually think that stat was put out there by HoLow while he was shopping Matthews around. It appeared a lot on Twitter over the last couple of months.
                      Well then, Bravo HowLo.

Comment

#checkdowns
                        #crossingroutes
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-11-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                          #checkdowns
                          #crossingroutes
                          I actually like the guy. Hard worker, good teammate, solid character. He's going to be a productive player for a long time, limitations and all.

But I'm thrilled with this trade. Howie got great value here.

Comment

It was the drops that made me start to hate the entire collective unit. We needed a WR enema and we got 1 for the most part.

Jagholar only guy returning who saw significant snaps. So that's encouraging.
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-11-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              It was the drops that made me start to hate the entire collective unit. We needed a WR enema and we got 1 for the most part.

Jagholar only guy returning who saw significant snaps. So that's encouraging.
                              It's kinda cool that Howie sees the same weaknesses everyone else sees. It remains to be seen if he took the right corrective action, but at least his eyes are open. That wasn't the case with FF. For the longest time, it seemed like he was making decisions to prove the fans and media wrong. Especially when it came to receivers and linebackers.

Comment

Working...
                              X