Football post!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football post!!!

I dont have a good feeling about Doug Pederson as an NFL head coach. I hope he proves me wrong.

What am I basing this opinion on? Nothing really, just my gut.

One thing I really though was telling was that cheesy video of the "war room" when they picked Wentz and Jeffy and Howie and Dougie were doing the lame applause.

Why did that bother me? Pederson seemed forced in his reaction, knowing the camera was on him and he applauding a pick to replace Bradford after he said Sammy was his guy. Then Howie get him on the phone and he's all "How's if feel to be an Eagle, Bud?" so self-congratulatory. Finally, he hands the phone to Doug who has to back up his boss and put another dagger in Sammy's back.

Look...Im not defending Bradford...I think Wentz should start sooner rather than later...the point is it was just a total Pravda phony piece of video bullshit.

And it gave me pause for the season to come.

Again, I hope Im wrong.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Based on Eagles history, no one ever really has to provide a reasoning for being a pessimist about anything team related. On the optimist side, Pederson is already quite familiar with dealing with Eagle fan hate and ridicule, so he has that going for him.

Comment

won't hold that draft moment against him

Doug Pederson as coach is an unknown, but that "draft moment" is an artificial, made for TV, almost scripted event and is not a measure of him as a coach.

Whether it was initiated by ESPN or more likely by the NFL, this moment was meant to take the viewer "behind the scenes" and was there for ratings purposes. It was so much of a foregone conclusion that the team was making this pick that I'm guessing the whole thing was rehearsed in advance and Pederson was playing along. If the Patriots were in the same situation, Belichick would be forced to do the same thing.

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      I dont have a good feeling about Doug Pederson as an NFL head coach. I hope he proves me wrong.

One thing I really though was telling was that cheesy video of the "war room" when they picked Wentz and Jeffy and Howie and Dougie were doing the lame applause.

Why did that bother me? Pederson seemed forced in his reaction, knowing the camera was on him and he applauding a pick to replace Bradford after he said Sammy was his guy. Then Howie get him on the phone and he's all "How's if feel to be an Eagle, Bud?" so self-congratulatory. Finally, he hands the phone to Doug who has to back up his boss and put another dagger in Sammy's back.

Look...Im not defending Bradford...I think Wentz should start sooner rather than later...the point is it was just a total Pravda phony piece of video bullshit.

Again, I hope Im wrong.

Comment

One thing to be hopeful for is he won't be in over his head due to his strong DC and OC...he just has to manage, not control the whole shabang a la Reid.
        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

He's certainly not charismatic and I hope that doesn't

Again, I hope Im wrong.
          translate to the field.

People will disagree with me, but he should get a pass on the teams record this year.. There are too many new parts... including Doug as a head coach. Add in a brutal schedule, and most pundits have them doing slightly better than 5 wins. I want to see he has solid play calling and management skills.

Comment

My expectations are pretty low

Again, I hope Im wrong.

As long as Dallas doesn't win, whatever. I'm tired of the Eagle's bullshit and it's only July.

Comment

So much hinges on Peters staying healthy.

If he goes down, we could be looking at a Marion Campbell as head coach type of season.

That and the wide receiver group is just horrible. Mix that in with players on defense that will be playing positions that they aren't used to and it is just a recipe for disaster.

Will Howie be happy he has Wentz if it turns out he gave away a top five pick in the draft? Especially when it comes to light that if he had just stayed put he could have drafted the best offensive tackle in the draft.

I just don't have the confidence that Doug is going to out think the head coach on the other sideline.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I already posted the test

If any other NFC East team was being led by Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson, how scared of it would you be?

So we're rooting against our instincts then ... great.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I've known you through four coaching regimes. I recall you loved the Rhodes hire, hated the Reid hire, loved the Kelly hire, and now hate the Pederson hire. History says Pederson should work out just fine.

Comment

Poor reason to not have a good feeling

DP is not comfortable in front of a camera. He's never had much experience at it.

He may not turn out well, who really knohttp://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-places/rudest-cities#intro
                    s, but the moment in front of the camera tells us nothing.
                    ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Well, not quite

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      I've known you through four coaching regimes. I recall you loved the Rhodes hire, hated the Reid hire, loved the Kelly hire, and now hate the Pederson hire. History says Pederson should work out just fine.
                      Did not cheer Rhodes' hiring although I liked Ray Bob throughout and after the first year.

At least I'm consistent. Never liked Andy. You hated him until after he left.

And as I said...hope I'm wrong on Dougie. Why do you think he'll be OK besides your disdain for my gut feel?
                      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

I wish they were more thorough....

I have nothing against Doug and also wish him the best. My only regret for what we all hope is a successful building block of the off season is that we didn't a least bring in Hue Jackson for a quick chat. Maybe we would have be blown away by his demeanor or passion? Maybe it would have only been a "fact finding" mission on how other teams operate. Regardless, this should have been included in their "exhaustive" search.

History has shown more guys have succeeded in their second job so why not at least investigate? Is that front office so unsure of themselves they had to go back to that comfortable pair of slippers vs looking into something different or did Charlatan Kelly knock that thinking out of them?..
                        Using this comfortable thinking wouldn't Duce have been as good an option as Doug?

I rant, because I care... but also feel like Jim Schwartz (whom all seem to love) may be waiting his turn to be the HC.. He is young and you can bet he wants another crack at being a HC especially if his Def is carrying a shaky offense..

As a Birds fan we hope for the best but expect the worst...
                        Hopes that were high in the heat of September ... can wilt and die in the chill of November. November can be cold and grey, November can be surly with bitter rain upon the world and winter coming early.
                        - "The Voice" of NFL films -John Facenda

Comment

Hahah

La La returns for a PUNCH!
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Was going to post all the times la ref ref has been wrong but I don't think Marks server could handle it.
                            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                              As long as Dallas doesn't win, whatever. I'm tired of the Eagle's bullshit and it's only July.
                              This, and I get the sense that whatever happens offensively, the defense should be a lot of fun to watch. I'll take that over the frustrations of the past few seasons.

Even if Doug is just 'meh' I think Schwartz can help to compensate a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X