I’m ready for the post Smallwood area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m ready for the post Smallwood area

Throw him and Pumphrey on the scrap heap next year.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    I thought for sure they would cut him when the got Ajayi

Comment

He’s serving his purpose right now.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Ajayi, Clement, Smallwood and maybe Sproles next season

Comment

Sweet. If you or Ground Meat say it, I know it won’t happen!
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

you'll get your wish.

i kind of feel bad for smallwood. from what i've heard about his lifestyle, he'll be broke not long after falling out of the league, which could be pretty soon.

Comment

What have you heard? He lives like a superstar? I don’t feel bad for stupid people who squander their opportunities.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Pumphrey will get a shot to be Sproles' replacement next offseason.

Whether he earns it is a completely different matter.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  Pumphrey will get a shot to be Sproles' replacement next offseason.

Whether he earns it is a completely different matter.
                  Pumphrey won't be released, but if he doesn't show something, he could have a lost season like Smallwood had this year, and then he'll be gone. But he'll be given every opportunity to be the third-down back they need him to be. I'd expect them to get a UDFA or later round guy with a similar skill set to compete this offseason.

One thing in Pumphrey's favor is he's a high character guy who works his tail off. He just might not be quick enough, but hopefully with a year in the system under his belt, his instincts will take over and he'll start to look like the player he was at SDSU.
                  Last edited by The Duck; 12-31-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

ha, exactly. a friend (who is german) has family in west virginia and went to smallwood's birthday party last year. part of it was obviously cultural, but she was freaked out by smallwood and his crew. hopefully he only went all-out for his birthday, but he sounded like one of the guys from ESPN's broke.

Comment

What have you heard? He lives like a superstar? I don’t feel bad for stupid people who squander their opportunities.
                      His Twitter account was a big red flag for me. He came across as dumb and immature, the kind of guy who wouldn't mix well with a little bit of money.

Obviously, those red flags were a part of the reason he fell to the 5th round, in spite of being crazy productive in college.

Comment

Working...
                      X