Embiid to sit the next 2 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embiid to sit the next 2 games

I guess (hope) they are saving him for the nationally televised game on Christmas Day.

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
    I guess (hope) they are saving him for the nationally televised game on Christmas Day.
    The guy is a part time player at this point....very disappointing. I'm sure some Sixer Slobber Bob-type will now respond that I am over reacting, and need to "Trust the Process"

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
      I predicted this back on Friday when they played him for 50 minutes despite the fact he was experiencing obvious discomfort.

That's the risk/reward with Embiid. When he is on the court he has the upside of Wilt Chamberlain. However, it is unclear whether the back issues are chronic and therefore whether he will ever reach his full potential. The jury is very much out on "The Process."

That said, he is a joy to watch.

Comment

This makes the Fultz pick (disaster?) even more critical. Everyone knew this would be the situation with Embiid. They had to nail last year to add another reliable all star talent next to Simmons when Embiid couldn't play. They are probably about a .500 team with Embiid, which is fine. Huge improvement over last year. Without him though...

I'll wait and see with Fultz. Particularly if his issues are mental health related, I have a lot of empathy. That said, as of right now, this was an enormous bust. I can't call it anything else.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Positive news is that the chance of them landing 2 top-15 picks is very high. Once again, YOU HAVE TO NAIL AT LEAST ONE...

Comment

Couldn't agree more about Fultz. Them being "secretive" is even more concerning. Brett Brown saying they're rebuilding his shooting sounds crazy to me. Why give up all we did to get a question mark?

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
              Couldn't agree more about Fultz. Them being "secretive" is even more concerning. Brett Brown saying they're rebuilding his shooting sounds crazy to me. Why give up all we did to get a question mark?
              He was not a question mark at the time of the draft. His issues started AFTER being injured in the Summer League, which he was dominating up until that point.

Comment

This isn't normal. Maybe it is mostly about how they are handling it but the bottom line is, nothing the Sixers trot out on this passes the smell test. There is nothing that has happened that says "normal shoulder injury." So until he plays and plays at a high level, this pick was a mess - Colangelo's mess.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Then that's bullshit, and some failed due-diligence on the Sixers part.

Wait, you thought he dominated in the Summer League???? Was this the Abington Summer League or some non-NBA one?

Comment

He didn't dominate but he flashed elite talent. He was scoring effortlessly at times and his defense looked improved (the knock on him)

Comment

I'll trust the process this year. But whatch out next year!

Comment

FYI...Embiid is playing tonight afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                          FYI...Embiid is playing tonight afterall.
                          Nope.

Hahahaha, this team...

-Announce he’s out the next 2 games
                          -Day of game, they say he’s probable
                          -Sits...

Comment

I know a guy who through luck ended up with a priceless bottle of wine. He saved it for the time in his life he really wanted to celebrate. He opened it up at his daughters wedding to find it spoiled. I kind of feel this is the case with Joel.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                              I know a guy who through luck ended up with a priceless bottle of wine. He saved it for the time in his life he really wanted to celebrate. He opened it up at his daughters wedding to find it spoiled. I kind of feel this is the case with Joel.
                              What’s worse is how this coaching staff, medical staff and/or FO handles all these situations. Just horrible...

Comment

Working...
                              X