Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IE and Maniac - would you replace the replaceable Maclin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE and Maniac - would you replace the replaceable Maclin...

With a free agent Dez Bryant this off-season?

Just want to see where your heads are at.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    With a free agent Dez Bryant this off-season?

Just want to see where your heads are at.
    No
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Nope. Matthews is the new #1 and draft a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Part of your infatuation with Maclin rests on the fact that he is from Missouri. I just wanted to point that out.

Having said that, Maclin is having a fine year and deserves a contract at the right price. Allocated money to the offense is why DJax is not here, and maybe other reasons, too.

It's still too early to declaring Matthews a #1 for next year and beyond. He's still a project needs to show more consistency catching the ball and gaining separation from CB's.

Comment

I'm also just amused at how these two have turned into Joe Banner regarding a certified playmaker.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

He's not an upper echelon #1, but he's a good team player and blocker. His intangibles make him a good fit. Money will be the issue.

Comment

Words of Wisdom from Big Slizz Snyder.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Depends on how much money Maclin wants. I'm inclined to let him walk. Pretty obvious that any decent WR can excel in this offense. They paid Cooper too much. I'd reduce that as soon as it doesn't hurt the cap.

Maclin is not an elite player. He's good. Not worth breaking the bank over. Dez Bryant is a head case, so no. Maclin's demands might be reasonable. Who knows? Sort of doubt it though because he would have taken a multi year deal this past season if he didn't have his eye on a pie in the sky later.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                  Depends on how much money Maclin wants. I'm inclined to let him walk. Pretty obvious that any decent WR can excel in this offense. They paid Cooper too much. I'd reduce that as soon as it doesn't hurt the cap.

Maclin is not an elite player. He's good. Not worth breaking the bank over. Dez Bryant is a head case, so no. Maclin's demands might be reasonable. Who knows? Sort of doubt it though because he would have taken a multi year deal this past season if he didn't have his eye on a pie in the sky later.
                  Pretty much agree but if Maclin gives a home town discount I have more interest. If he wants to break the bank at any cost, it's "C Ya"
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

-Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

This.

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      I'm also just amused at how these two have turned into Joe Banner regarding a certified playmaker.
                      JMac deserves to be paid.

No one said anything about breaking the bank.

Comment

Was TO elite?

Compare Maclin's numbers through the first half of the season to TO's in 2004. I heard Ray Didinger (an expert at Eagles history and stats) say on the pregame show this week that Maclin had very similar numbers to the great TO's 2004 season.

Look, he has twice the TD catches as Desean this year and has made some amazing catches to boot. I think Kelly KNEW Maclin was a better fit in his system than Jackson. Frankly, Maclin was overshadowed by Jackson who came out the year before, and no longer in his shadow he is putting up the kind of numbers he was always capable of doing.
                        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          Compare Maclin's numbers through the first half of the season to TO's in 2004. I heard Ray Didinger (an expert at Eagles history and stats) say on the pregame show this week that Maclin had very similar numbers to the great TO's 2004 season.

Look, he has twice the TD catches as Desean this year and has made some amazing catches to boot. I think Kelly KNEW Maclin was a better fit in his system than Jackson. Frankly, Maclin was overshadowed by Jackson who came out the year before, and no longer in his shadow he is putting up the kind of numbers he was always capable of doing.
                          These threads always go into sillyville. TO had a hall of fame career with hall of fame numbers. TO was elite. Maclin is not. You can't slice one half of one season and try to compare that to a hall of fame career. It's beyond silly and I'm sure Ray Diddy had no intention of implying that.

Let's talk again when Maclin gets invited to his first pro bowl, let alone being named an all-pro. Jackson has already been invited to three and named an all-pro once. TO went to six and was all-pro five times.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                            Nope. Matthews is the new #1 and draft a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round.
                            You guys are a laugh a minute. Every game you have a new player to move or keep based on that single game performance.

Foles will return and be the starter get him signed long term -- sanchez get him signed
                            They need to sign Maclin.
                            They have got a possible gem in 81
                            are strong at TE ertz and celeck signed
                            Shady signed
                            Polk get him signed
                            Sproles signed
                            LINE IS STRONG AND SIGNED
                            THE OFFENSE IS PRETTY MUCH SET

Lets work on DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFENSE NEED ISLB OSLB -SAFETY CB -
                            LETS SEE WHAT FREE AGENCY BRINGS AND DRAFT WHAT WE CANT PICK UP

THERE ARE A LOT OF INTERESTING YOUNG QBS THAT WILL BE COMING DOWN THE LINE IN A FEW YEARS -- IF FOLES DONT WORK OUT THERE WILL BE ONE

BUT IM PRETTY SURE HES GOING TO BE THE EAGLES QB FOR A WHILE

Comment

A popularity contest decided by the fans

These threads always go into sillyville. TO had a hall of fame career with hall of fame numbers. TO was elite. Maclin is not. You can't slice one half of one season and try to compare that to a hall of fame career. It's beyond silly and I'm sure Ray Diddy had no intention of implying that.

Let's talk again when Maclin gets invited to his first pro bowl, let alone being named an all-pro. Jackson has already been invited to three and named an all-pro once. TO went to six and was all-pro five times.
                              A true measure of talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X