Bradford is great "when healthy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford is great "when healthy"

Where the hell did this idea come from? Saying he's great when healthy makes it sound like he plays through injury and maybe struggles, like McNabb did at times. It's a completely different thing when the dude can't stay on the field. Even when he did stay on the field, he was never good. The best thing he ever did was pile up some yards and a good TD:INT ratio in garbage time last season. He won offensive rookie of the year by throwing 18 TDs in a terrible rookie class, and lost the season finale to let the 7-9 Seahawks into the playoffs. He was an unknown at best, and I think Chip is finding out players aren't interchangeable in the NFL due to system.

He's had 1 really good half and 3 really bad halves. Still, I don't see the point in calling for Sanchez. We already know what he is and isn't. Let the the Bradford thing play out for 8 weeks, then go from there.

Comment

He had a career 40.7 Total QBR entering the season.

He has a 24.0 Total QBR this season.

On a scale of 0-100, that is beyond pathetic.

At no point in time has Bradford been even an average NFL QB. He's just bad. Period.
      Last edited by PSU; 09-22-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I agree. He hasn't played much in the last few years, this season is probably a wash. Get him some reps to get a better reading on his level of suck going into next year. I'm thinking Cow Chip gets one more season to make his game work.

Comment

Go to your own board 0-2.

Comment

Snooze.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be shocked if Lurie pulls the plug on Chip after 1 season of full control. Thing is, if the Bradford thing doesn't work out there's no Mariota in next years draft.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                I agree. He hasn't played much in the last few years, this season is probably a wash. Get him some reps to get a better reading on his level of suck going into next year. I'm thinking Cow Chip gets one more season to make his game work.
                Bradford isn't signed for next season and he wants big bucks. Unless he gets his game working this season, I can't imagine paying him.

Of course, if they don't bring him back, Chip will be on his fourth qb in four years. Interesting little box the GM has put the head coach in.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Of course, if they don't bring him back, Chip will be on his fourth qb in four years. Interesting little box the GM has put the head coach in.
                  It's interesting that Chip hasn't invested in ANY up-and-coming depth at QB, OL or RB, but has invested heavily in WR....despite wanting a running offense.

In terms of personnel, he's like bizarro Andy Reid. Reid invested heavily in OL, and loved drafting RBs and QBs even when there wasn't a need, but really undervalued the WR position...despite being a pass-happy maniac.

Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                    It's interesting that Chip hasn't invested in ANY up-and-coming depth at QB, OL or RB, but has invested heavily in WR....despite wanting a running offense.

In terms of personnel, he's like bizarro Andy Reid. Reid invested heavily in OL, and loved drafting RBs and QBs even when there wasn't a need, but really undervalued the WR position...despite being a pass-happy maniac.

Very strange.
                    I don't think he has any sort of long term plan. At least for the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      I don't think he has any sort of long term plan. At least for the Eagles.
                      It feels like a NFL experiment by Chip and then goes back to the NCAA

Comment

It will be like Spurrier. No one gives a shit about him anymore (except the gamecock fans). In a few years Clip Smelly will be gone from Philly - leaving his pile of cows shit for another chump to clean up. With more disappointed fans who cant win a Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                          It feels like a NFL experiment by Chip and then goes back to the NCAA
                          I don't think he's thinking NCAA in a year or two. I don't think he thinks much ahead at all. Appears to be one year at a time and all about the system.

He should have lots of input but should not be GM.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                            Yeah, I'll be shocked if Lurie pulls the plug on Chip after 1 season of full control. Thing is, if the Bradford thing doesn't work out there's no Mariota in next years draft.
                            I have no idea if Chip "likes" them or not, but both C Jones and C Cook have potential to be very good NFL QBs...will probably both in in top 15, depending how their seasons play out.

Comment

Working...
                            X