Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time-out for a proud Dad and self-praise post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time-out for a proud Dad and self-praise post.

I just wrote my last check to my daughter's college. Took her an extra semester to complete the 4.5 year undergrad plan but I am not complaining. She made it.

One more independent study and one more internship and this December she picks up that piece of paper. Went into the semester with a 3.8 GPA.

Way more important to me than the Iggles being 0-2.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

good stuff

congrats, job well done....
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Congrats Papa Smurf! Excellent news.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

thanks and I gotta call out RSE here

we both got them through as single dads. But RSE did it twice.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Nice! Now she can sit you down and give you the speech: "Dad, you've done a great job supporting me all these years. Now that I'm all grown up and out of school, I think you can start supporting yourself."

Comment

Good stuff man. That's about double what I finished with.

Comment

Huge congrats. Being raised by a single dad, I don't think they get nearly enough credit. Way to go IG(and RSE).

Comment

Congrats IG, having 2 that haven't made it to high school yet, can't imagine how proud you are.

Comment

Congrats IG!

Comment

The summation of a great accomplishment! Congrats to you and your daughter!

Comment

This

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                      Congrats IG, having 2 that haven't made it to high school yet, can't imagine how proud you are.
                      I'm still trying to get my two girls to remember if they have music or gym every Wednesday. Congrats to you, IG. Big ups and much respect for getting the job done.
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Fantastic, man! As you would say, "proud of ya."
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Congrats, Chief!

You're a great dad. (except for when you let your daughter dye her hair purple)

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            I just wrote my last check to my daughter's college. Took her an extra semester to complete the 4.5 year undergrad plan but I am not complaining. She made it.

One more independent study and one more internship and this December she picks up that piece of paper. Went into the semester with a 3.8 GPA.

Way more important to me than the Iggles being 0-2.
                            That's huge man! Congrats. 4.5 is just more time to grow. Kudos to doing it solo, too.
                            I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Congratulations Georgie!

Damn, wasn't I like yesterday, that little girl made me a bookmark out of old beisbol cards?

When's her first book signing?
                              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X