Atook zugg zugg Lana just got $19m guaranteed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atook zugg zugg Lana just got $19m guaranteed

Dolphins extended Kiko and I heard he's getting nineteen mill guaranteed.

What Fucking planet am I on?

He had a solid season.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

He did. It's more an issue of guys coming to philly and appearing to be mailing it in.

We've seen several guys play like absolute shit here and go elsewhere and play at the level they did before they arrived.

Is there a culture of just collecting checks before you move on here?
      DRC, atook Alonso, even Maxwell played better last year.

Is it the coaching & scheme or are guys literally checking out until they can GTFO of philly? Both are problems but if it's the latter that's an awful thing.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-22-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I think the Eagles are bad at gambling on injured guys. Spikes and Kiko come to mind instantly,but I feel like they sign guys who need a year to recover, get frustrated that they aren't all pro, and cut them loose. Then they have success elsewhere.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the players. Maybe the players don't even know they are actors. Think of all the seemingly "insignificant" moments that determine the outcome. For example:

Chain placement. A human has to put that first stick in the ground, then later - inches come into play...What if that first placement was an inch off? Doesn't make sense.

As long as there is a human element in the officiating and game management, you can not totally ignore the ability to control the story. Might just be playing a role. Patrick Chung moves on to NE, suddenly he is part of a team that plays a different role - for now.
          Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Maybe

Vance Joseph is a better defensive coordinator than Billy fucking Davis.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

it may have only been one play, but the INT that kiko made against ATL last year was incredible. i don't think he mailed it in, he just suffered another injury and was never really healthy.

i think the problem is that a lot of guys are horrible fits. the biggest examples are nnamdi and demarco murray. in the case of nnamdi, his signing coincided with his loss of physical skills, and also a drop in confidence. his career ended shortly after he left.

demarco murray maybe the most frustrating. how could chip kelly not know that this guy didn't fit his offense? then he crushes it in TN after we trade him for what, a swap of 4th round picks? trading mccoy to "save money" then signing this guy was a huge clusterfuck. we could have used his production last season, but he also hated it here because of chip. perhaps that's why i never hear anyone say we should have kept him.

Comment

And Jim may the Schwartz be with you?

Maybe. But I doubt even Juan Castillo could coach these defensive guys up.

Comment

He was in his first year off an acl injury. I believe year 2 is when players usually have their full bounce back year - which is what happened. Plus Billy Davis stunk.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Did you eat peyote buttons before you wrote that?
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                      I think the Eagles are bad at gambling on injured guys. Spikes and Kiko come to mind instantly,but I feel like they sign guys who need a year to recover, get frustrated that they aren't all pro, and cut them loose. Then they have success elsewhere.
                      ...but regarding Kiko specifically:
                      With the Eagles cap situation, they were not in a position to pay Kiko if he were to improve this year. It was either move him or hope to get some type of compensatory pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X