No announcement yet.

RB Barner gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude what are you talking about, McCaffrey literally sat out his teams bowl game to protect his draft stock. I'll take the stud puppy beater over him any day of the week.
    Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

agreed. they can find another barner.

this is a good year to go RB, but 14 is just too early for mccaffrey. i'm all for going RB at the right time, but reaching at that position is a very bad move.

Comment

I agree. You can get a potentially good RB later. #14 is for a more pressing need.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
          Dude what are you talking about, McCaffrey literally sat out his teams bowl game to protect his draft stock. I'll take the stud puppy beater over him any day of the week.
          I don't love the bowl game thing, though I do understand it. But let's not pretend the words "bowl game" mean anything more than "one of 41 glorified commercials for whoever buys the naming rights to it", because they really don't. If Fournette and McCaffrey's teams had been playing in an actual, meaningful bowl game, like there used to be before they were whored out into irrelevance, they certainly would have played.

Still, I don't love it. It's the closest thing to a knock that I can see on McCaffrey. I'd rather the kid tell his agent (and his father, in this case) to sit down and shut up and go play his last game with his teammates. But it's not our tens of millions of dollars we're putting on the line for a meaningless contest. And it's nowhere near enough to dissuade me from taking him at #14.

And I didn't say anything against Dalvin Cook. I think he's going to be a great pro and I'd be happy to have him on my team. The comparison was to Reggie Kardashian Bush.

Comment

14 is for bpa hopefully

Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
            I agree. You can get a potentially good RB later. #14 is for a more pressing need.
            If it fills a need, great

Comment

Level of agreement off the charts!
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

His medical would have to be FLAWLESS for me to offer him anything and I don't think it would play out that way. I wouldn't offer him or AP a contract if I was in Eagles situation.

There's no position that falls off a cliff faster than RB. I'd rather look for a kid in the draft and a mid tier guy.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-22-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

As did Fournette. Can't blame them. Most bowl games are BS money making excuses, with no real upside for the players.

Comment

He's drawing comparisons to Faulk and Sproles. As a straight RB, he certainly isn't worth the reach. But he can catch the ball, return kicks, and he has ridiculous breakaway speed when he gets to the second level. That seems like a good fit for a Pederson type of offense.

Comment

Howie just removing the last bit of Oregon stink from the roster.

Comment

I actually appreciate the guys that sit out a bowl game. The NCAA is the biggest money making scam ever off the backs of those kids, so good on them for telling them to F themselves.

Wouldn't be shocked if Barner succeeds elsewhere a la Dion Lewis. Would've like to see him used more here.

Comment

Working...
                        X