Apparently Lurie wants a "football guy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Lurie wants a "football guy"

To be the lead dog...I'm guessing the two years was enough to convince Lurie Kelly could handle being the point man.

Just like Reid, Chip is now the guy,and I think Gamble was just an unnecessary "extra" position for the new model.....just business.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Shit, Diggle and I may owe him an apology.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Looks like Chip was the puppet master the whole time. He fired Gamble and got Howie out of his way. I like Kelly but I hope he has a better draft than last year. Thank you Miami we were close to have 2 OLB who can't play in the NFL.

Comment

How do u know this? Cox was widely viewed a bust until this year.

Comment

We have seen this pattern before...I think Lurie did this

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
          Looks like Chip was the puppet master the whole time. He fired Gamble and got Howie out of his way. I like Kelly but I hope he has a better draft than last year. Thank you Miami we were close to have 2 OLB who can't play in the NFL.
          ....he wants and knows the value of having a football man being the point man for a football franchise.

The similar pattern with Reid /Banner is too much of a coincidence.

Lurie's team.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            How do u know this? Cox was widely viewed a bust until this year.
            By idiots, maybe.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I honestly don't see how anything is different today than it was 24 hours ago. Howie is not going anywhere. His new title is Executive Vice President of Football Operations -- and he got a raise! He still reports directly to Lurie. Kelly is still going to be unhappy and he's still going to bail. Likely as soon as after the 2015 season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                Likely as soon as after the 2015 season.
                Can we expect this post from you every January just with a new year inserted?
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                  I honestly don't see how anything is different today than it was 24 hours ago. Howie is not going anywhere. His new title is Executive Vice President of Football Operations -- and he got a raise! He still reports directly to Lurie. Kelly is still going to be unhappy and he's still going to bail. Likely as soon as after the 2015 season.
                  What? Howie was stripped of GM duties. Chip is hiring his own "GM." This is a completely different situation. There's no reconciling between Howie's scouting department and what Chip wants.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Uh huh

Comment

You don't see how going from Howie being involved in personnel decisions to Howie having no say in personnel decisions is different? Ok. Howie got a raise to go with his functional demotion.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

no... nothing is different!!!
                        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

The jury is still out on Smith. Jordan is a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                            The jury is still out on Smith. Jordan is a bust.
                            He's playing out of position, but I was referring to Cox.

Comment

Working...
                            X