Diddinger disagrees with this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diddinger disagrees with this board

He thinks Howie is still a major power ... Kelly was just given token power but that the firing of Gamble was a major slap in Kelly's face that will not be fixed by this.

He thinks Howie will have more say than we think about who the talent evaluator is that Kelly brings in, when the guy he wanted was already fired.

He does not see Howie as having been demoted ... he sees him as, if I'm understanding what he said correctly ... what Joe Banner was before.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Man, I don't know. Hope not but ray is the Mack on eagles.

I'm hoping Roseman scurries off like banner did before him. Need a cleansing from Roseman too. His stench has to go.

Comment

He thinks Head of Football Operations is just that ... he has to sign off on shit.

Diddy appears to be saying he's not just a "bean counter" like Kelly described him, in effect, previously when asked about him versus Gamble.

Comment

As long as Howie's in the building, he'll be a player.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

All I know is...

Originally posted by slag View Post
          He thinks Howie is still a major power ... Kelly was just given token power but that the firing of Gamble was a major slap in Kelly's face that will not be fixed by this.

He thinks Howie will have more say than we think about who the talent evaluator is that Kelly brings in, when the guy he wanted was already fired.

He does not see Howie as having been demoted ... he sees him as, if I'm understanding what he said correctly ... what Joe Banner was before.
          earlier in the week Howie was the GM, and Lurie says in a statement that isn't the best thing for the franchise, and Chip will head the football decision-making. I view this as Howie being "kicked upstairs" with the raise and title change being offered up as an attempt at spin control.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

From roob:

A resounding loss for Roseman, a tremendous victory for Kelly and an elegant resolution for Lurie.

http://goo.gl/KP0P9z
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-02-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

That's my initial feeling is well. All we hear is how he did so great in the 2012 draft but Lurie knows who is responsible for all the other shit that surrounded that great one.

This move today may be a clear indicator that Roseman's fingerprints are all over some of these recent disgusting abortion drafts.

Comment

Watch the video clip above the story.

Comment

Head of Football Operations generally runs scouting ... which makes no sense if Kelly is the personnel czar.

On the other hand, Banner still wielded heavy power when Reid coached and ran personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    A resounding loss for Roseman, a tremendous victory for Kelly and an elegant resolution for Lurie.
                    That's the obvious short term interpretation. Gun to my head, I have to agree.

Comment

I could be late on this, but this is the first thread I saw. Reid had the same title when he was in Philly. The difference being he was also the coach. Now, they've split the titles and responsibility. I wonder who it is that Kelly has in mind to bring in.

Comment

What title?

Comment

Do you think Kelly confronted Lurie with an ultimatum over Gamble's firing? That's the important question. At that level, a perceived victory is a victory.

Did Lurie concede to Kelly?

Comment

If I knew specifically what Roseman's power is as of now I could make a better guess at what happened.

Right now, I think there was a problem of football versus non-football executives and Lurie is trying to come up with a way to get everyone rowing in the same direction.

Comment

Look...let me put it another way

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              Head of Football Operations generally runs scouting ... which makes no sense if Kelly is the personnel czar.

On the other hand, Banner still wielded heavy power when Reid coached and ran personnel.
                              Most fans can name a bunch of owners and GMs and tell you about what these guys did or did not do for their respective franchises. Now lets rattle off the names and roles of all those Executive VP's of Football Operations, OK? I cant.

Executive VP of bitchslapped is how I see it.
                              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X