Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Eagles sign a Halfback off the Street?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Eagles sign a Halfback off the Street?

This is not an inspiring group of running backs right now. Sproles is good for 3-5 carries a game but after that its bleak. Blount has inspired little confidence and Smallwood has gotten hype by default. Neither one can carry the mail and as a combo they dont offer that much upside. I dont know what type of football player Donnell Pumphrey is gonna be but be cant be afforded too many carries as it stands right now. Clement may be the best of the bunch and he is a UFA.

Meanwhile, some other teams are gonna have to make some tough decisions. Make no mistake, there will be players who get cut who are better than Smallwood. Carolina, for one, may not have space for Cameron Artis-Payne.
    Last edited by J_Cuz31; 08-23-2017, 03:24 PM.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

And your assessment of Smallwood is based on ...?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He wasnt that good last season. He put that Cowboys game on ice in a weak manner. Yeah he was a rookie but he isnt really proving to be much different this season. Sure hope Im wrong but he looks like just a guy.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

He showed flashes last year.

Hasn't played practice games yet, with a hamstring.

But is there some guy on the street better than him ... or what Clement and Marshall have shown against 2d and 3d teamers?

They're going to decide based on shit we don't see ... and I imagine on the game Thursday night.

Comment

Who? Ryan Matthews????
          Last edited by dev_32; 08-23-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
            This is not an inspiring group of running backs right now. Sproles is good for 3-5 carries a game but after that its bleak. Blount has inspired little confidence and Smallwood has gotten hype by default. Neither one can carry the mail and as a combo they dont offer that much upside. I dont know what type of football player Donnell Pumphrey is gonna be but be cant be afforded too many carries as it stands right now. Clement may be the best of the bunch and he is a UFA.

Meanwhile, some other teams are gonna have to make some tough decisions. Make no mistake, there will be players who get cut who are better than Smallwood. Carolina, for one, may not have space for Cameron Artis-Payne.
            No just trade for Shady and end all speculation on the #1 back.

Comment

i'm with you, i thought smallwood looked good at times last year.

i hated the blount signing at the time, but smallwood/sproles/clement would be a very uninspiring bunch.

Comment

Clement hasn't played against first teamers, and I don't think Pumphrey is going to be cut.

There is some speculation that he's going to have an "injury" soon, but that's just another way of saying he's not getting cut.

He hasn't shown much beside some speed on the few occasions he's been able to get in space ... but their is a lot of press indicating that he's highly thought of by the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post

CAP is not better then Smallwood. He's been pretty meh in Carolina.

Comment

I've been skeptical of Blount, but let's wait and see how he does with the actual starting O line in place. When the line is together, it has been getting pretty good reviews.

I was getting Roach Scurry (c) flashbacks last game watching him plod everything outside for 1 yard. Honestly, I think there is no solution if he isn't consistent. Neither Smallwood nor Clement will make up the difference. Run game will just be bad news.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Maybe it would make sense to run the guy up the gut? FUUCK MAAN. He's not a guy who is gonna get the corner.

Hopefully thats just Pedey seeing what Lane is made up at LT. But to me Blount is a 8-10 touches guy and only up the gut. the problem is you're gonna be able to read the situation by who is in at RB
                      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

If Smallwood was available He takes the outside runs in the preseason

I can see Blount getting 10 to 15 touches a game depending on the score..I do Like Clement so far, but its preseason,,,hope he can play special teams.
                        Last edited by TRENT; 08-24-2017, 11:09 AM.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                        X