Across the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Across the country

local governments are considering removing statues of confederate generals on horses in parks and changing names of schools ... but the country's capital still has a football team using a patently racist term?

How does this continue?

I really don't get it.

WTF is Goodell's problem?
    Last edited by slag; 08-15-2017, 07:02 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Well, if the mascot beat its spouse...

Originally posted by slag View Post
    local governments are considering removing statues of confederate generals on horses in parks and changing names of schools ... but the country's capital still has a football team using a patently racist term?

How does this continue?

I really don't get it.

...then Goodell wouldn't have done anything until last year, so he's a bit slow.
    DB

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

How does this continue?

I really don't get it.

I'm more concerned about the President's remarks today.

I agree the name of the 4skins is a disgrace.

As far as the Generals' statues and and names on schools are concerned, I think there has to be some way to acknowledge the past history of the Confederacy without being offensive. Perhaps our house Civil War fanatic Kelly Green could weigh in.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Names on schools are fine

but if a statue or a flag is going to cause so many issues; simply move them to Museums and if you choose to go visit its your right.

Today's statements are very troubling but not unexpected.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

We are forgetting the lessns of WWII

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          I'm more concerned about the President's remarks today.

I agree the name of the 4skins is a disgrace.

As far as the Generals' statues and and names on schools are concerned, I think there has to be some way to acknowledge the past history of the Confederacy without being offensive. Perhaps our house Civil War fanatic Kelly Green could weigh in.
          My father grew up in a Nazi occupied country, and I had several relatives that fought in that war. They were, and are, evil and I don't look at Nazi sympathizers as real Americans, since their ideology is in direct opposition to our country's Constitution. When these groups march with torches and chant racist epithets they are TRYING to incite violence, and if those counter protesters got sucked into it, shame on them. If there is an Alt-left, it was born from the creation of the Alt-right. I now expect a worse event coming, since they just got tacit approval from their chosen leader. He grudgingly said the right thing yesterday, but he hated it so much that he just went off like a toddler having a temper tantrum today, and received a thank you from David Duke. SAD
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Ben Albright had a simple solution that seems logical: Take them all down and stick them in a museum.

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              Ben Albright had a simple solution that seems logical: Take them all down and stick them in a museum.
              Gotta change the name on high schools too. Can't ask black students to go to "Robert E Lee High School."
              DB

Comment

My Uncle is Buried in Belgium

lost his life in the Battle of the Bulge in black 44,,, we will never forget. This is and will always be unacceptable!

Trying to stay clear of the Political convos on here..
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Baltimore has perfected these middle of the night moves:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/897769959706816512

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    Baltimore has perfected these middle of the night moves:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/897769959706816512

Ahhh, the Colts "perfected" that plan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                      Gotta change the name on high schools too. Can't ask black students to go to "Robert E Lee High School."
                      Years ago I worked in a check cashing store in AC and one day this young black man presented his check and ID to me and I was totally dumbfounded to see his parents had named him Robert E Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                        Trying to stay clear of the Political convos on here..
                        My every day approach. Of course, I've been told that I can only do that because of my privilege. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                          My every day approach. Of course, I've been told that I can only do that because of my privilege. Sheesh.
                          I agree. It isn't easy but I stay away from the political conversations around here.

Comment

Working...
                          X