Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byron Marshall and Dane Evans

should make the team.

Instead, we'll get to watch two young players grow with another team.

Totally agree on Marshall. Evans is PS only. Theyll only carry 2 quarterbacks.

Marshall deserves a spot more than pumphrey, Smallwood, and Clemons.

I'd cut Smallwood for sure. He's 4 out of 4 in that list

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Marshall is one reason why I had an issue with moving up in draft Pumphrey in the fourth.

I think they keep 3 QBs on the roster and Evans should be the 3rd QB because of potential.

Comment

Im splitting hairs here but pumphrey has been pretty underwhelming. Not a great sign for rhe future when you consider his exceedingly slight frame.

Right now he looks like a poor mans Gizmo Williams.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Clement not Clemons, and Clement should make is over all of them, he has been the only RB making progress in games and practice. I would send Smallwood or Pumphrey packing.

Comment

Nitwittery abounds
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
              Im splitting hairs here but pumphrey has been pretty underwhelming. Not a great sign for rhe future when you consider his exceedingly slight frame.

Right now he looks like a poor mans Gizmo Williams.
              Gizmo Williams, CFL HOF'er!!!!
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Press and coaches all saying Smallwood having best camp of any RB. Just got hurt.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

They all stink. Howie didn't know how to move up a few spots to take Dalvin Cook so now they will have to try and figure out how to draft one next year with no second or third round pick (yet). If Howie doesn't have a pick in the Top 15 of the draft, the odds are he's going draft another DJ Chumphrey or Wendell Nogood.

Comment

Didn't need to move up ... Mixon was there are 43

Comment

If they didn't want the woman beater, it most likely would have cost them the fourth-rounder they burned on Bumphrey. Once again, Howie didn't plan ahead and got caught with his pants down. It's really not that hard to do, especially after the Marcus Smith fiasco.

Comment

I was on Cook's jock myself but there were a lot of holes to fill ... and it's a bit early for burials.

The o-line needs to open a fucking hole now and again and Gomer needs to stop running power backs outside and scatbacks inside.

And another big problem is he's a Reid disciple who abandons the run if it doesn't work in the first series or two.

Comment

Most 'prognosticators' had him as a first-round talent. Shit, people had him going to the Eagles at the 14th pick. I also remember people on here practically guaranteeing he would be gone by the time they picked in the first. He drops to the second and Howie decides to stay put. When you have an opportunity to move up a few spots to secure a glaring need, you have to do it. Let's not forget this is the same moron who said he took Smith because his 'Top 6 or so' players were no longer on the board.

Not to hijack this thread or go off on another tangent but I think most fans have lost faith in this team. I get the 'super fans' think Howie had a great offseason. I think many see this as another 'Dream Team' because they still don't know how to draft.

Comment

Well, they did need corners.

But a guy with an achilles issue (even a projected top 10 pick) over moving up for Cook?

I'm leaning with Cook myself.

Comment

I did a little scrutinized of the draft last night. If Sidney Jones is the guy they say he is, then I'm fine with him over trading up for Cook.

So what where the options for a RB after the 2nd round? It's hard to disagree with grabbing Hollins with the first 4th round pick. . The key is the 3rd round selection: Rasul Douglas. Instead of Douglas, the Eagles could have selected Tarik Cohen or Perine with that pick.

Douglas vs. Perine or Cohen is a fair evaluation. I would have taken one of the RBs.

Maybe the Eagles believe getting a RB they like in next years draft is a better option. They could fall back in the first and pick up and extra 2nd or 3rd roundpick.

Comment

Working...
                              X