Ot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ot

Our 2nd best nuclear ship gets rammed by a freakin cargo ship.hello it's called radar.

The USS John McCain isn't an aircraft carrier or a submarine, and isn't nuclear powered you dolt.

Comment

I don't know the specifics of this incident, but I'll note there are times when a ship may not want to have active radar in operation because it pretty much gives away your location.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The McCain was in the straits of Malacca off of Singapore which is a super crowded and narrow body of water.

I just got out of the navy a little over a month ago, I was aviation side so I'm not crazy familiar with the inner workings of the surface side of things. I do know that 7th fleet has a notoriously high optempo which leads to a lot of over worked sailors and low command climate.

I did enough time at sea to see how over worked and sleep deprived the boat chucks are, especially the enlisted personnel. Between work and watches some of those guys would be in the chow line talking about how they haven't slept in 24 hours and we're about to go stand another watch. I'd imagine this had a lot to do with what happened to the Fitzgerald and McCain.

Big navy doesn't give a shit about any of it. You have a bunch of COs who will over task and over work their command just so they they can make themselves look good so they can pick up rank. They may talk about making changes after this but nothing will change.
        Last edited by broadstreetparade; 08-21-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

My bad broadstreetparade tx for your service. The story I heard today this was our 2nd. Best ship to launch at N. Korea?

Comment

It's all good! This is the second case of this happening in the last couple months, and you're right with all the technology available on these ships it's unfathomable that this has happened twice in such a short period of time.

Comment

Working...
            X