If the Patriots lose on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Is it fair to stop characterizing them as the most recent NFL dynasty in the early to mid 2000's when they were cheating and more so as the modern Buffalo Bills who choke and lose every SB appearance (despite still cheating)?
    If they lose on Sunday I will take it as proof they can't win without cheatiing.

If they win I will assume they found a new way to cheat we have not yet discovered.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Hahahaha!
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        I think they shred Seattle...but that's just me.
        I'm starting to lean this way but I hope I'm wrong (although I'll win my work pickem if NE does win).

Deflategate has given them extra incentive like Spygate did for the 2007 season. Granted, that ended with a loss but they were literally unstoppable for most of the year after their skill was questioned.

Well, 4 months won't have passed this time for that motivation to subside. Combine that with a Seattle secondary that may be significantly limited by injuries to the two best (defensive if not overall) players on the team - might be pretty brutal.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

everything you say is true, plus...

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
          I'm starting to lean this way but I hope I'm wrong (although I'll win my work pickem if NE does win).

Deflategate has given them extra incentive like Spygate did for the 2007 season. Granted, that ended with a loss but they were literally unstoppable for most of the year after their skill was questioned.

Well, 4 months won't have passed this time for that motivation to subside. Combine that with a Seattle secondary that may be significantly limited by injuries to the two best (defensive if not overall) players on the team - might be pretty brutal.
          New England has been playing really, really well the last month of the season. They are the hot team. I think Green Bay would have given them a better game and given us a more entertaining one.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

If the Cheatriots lose, they'll say the refs did it for retribution--pure drama that will last throughout the offseason. Otherwise, they get painted as the new bad boys of the NFL.

Look for the folding chairs added at the end of their bench.
            WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
            - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
            - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              If they lose on Sunday I will take it as proof they can't win without cheatiing.

If they win I will assume they found a new way to cheat we have not yet discovered.
              This guy knows football!
              "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

IG nailed it

Can't predict any better than this.

Comment

Working...
                X