Rams interested in Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joegrane View Post
    Is Nick Foles really worth enough at this point to take the sting out of the number of picks required to move up that far? Is he worth more than a high 2nd?
    Some people say he's the next Tom Brady!
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

Edit to add: I guess it's your Madden mentality that tells you that you have to have a player "ranked" in the 90s at every position to be considered complete.
      No way Iowa ever played Madden. Maybe Techmo Bowl.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedBird View Post
        wonder what you could get for a #10 overall and a #20 overall

just looked. It seems it gets you a #3 overall

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

So... Eagles #1 plus Rams #2 for Mariotta?
        Thanks for the link, GroundedBird.

Remember what the Skins gave the Rams to move from #6 to #2!

the Rams will receive the Redskins' No. 6 overall pick this year, as well as the Redskins' first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams also will receive Washington's second-round pick this year
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...-st-louis-rams
        I think the Eagles would have to give more than just Foles to get to #10, hopefully only their 2nd round pick.

Then I assume they'd have to give #10, #20, plus more than just their first round pick next year to get to the #1 pick this year.

Chip's willingness to do such a deal while having a ProBowl QB on his roster would likely make Mariota even more valuable in the eyes of the top teams in the draft.

I don't see it happening. Maybe it is Chip's way of helping his old friend Mariota and former school while he is content to draft his former Oregon QB Bryan Bennett in the middle rounds as insurance in the event Foles decides to go home to the Texans after next year.

Comment

According to Bob Sugar

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            This article is nothing but conjecture.

If available, a lot of teams would be interested in Foles.

No shit.
            Exactly correct.

Comment

I am really hoping that is just that, conjecture. How can moving Foles and getting Mariot
              improve this team. The guy isn't the next coming of Tom Brady or even Jim Harbaugh for chrissakes. He hasn't taken a NFL or even a combine snap and we are going to get rid of what can be a very serviceable QB in Foles? This move will seal Chips fate and send this franchise into a 5 year tailspin.
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

How would trading a "servicable QB" (your words) set any franchise back five years?

Just clarify for me because either youre contradicting yourself or youre hedging heavily on foles. From my standpoint, if trading foles, or any player for that matter, sets a franchise back five years, the player was a stud and will be at the top of his game for at least five years. Servicable players don't fit that criteria.

I mean i guess you may feel so strongly that mariota will be awful but even that contradicts what you said because, as you readily admit, "he hasnt even taken an nfl or combine snap."

So you admit you dont know how good or bad mariota will be AND that foles is only a servicable QB but yet, you implore against any trade because it will surely put the franchise back five years. Do you understand how confusing and non-sensical that is?
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                  How would trading a "servicable QB" (your words) set any franchise back five years?

Just clarify for me because either youre contradicting yourself or youre hedging heavily on foles. From my standpoint, if trading foles, or any player for that matter, sets a franchise back five years, the player was a stud and will be at the top of his game for at least five years. Servicable players don't fit that criteria.

I mean i guess you may feel so strongly that mariota will be awful but even that contradicts what you said because, as you readily admit, "he hasnt even taken an nfl or combine snap."

So you admit you dont know how good or bad mariota will be AND that foles is only a servicable QB but yet, you implore against any trade because it will surely put the franchise back five years. Do you understand how confusing and non-sensical that is?
                  I am talking in terms of the draft picks that will have to given up to move into a position to get Mariota. Think of the Dikta moving up to get Ricky Williams. Stick with Foles, I think we can win with him.
                  Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I find this story ridiculous, how do you trade Foles to move up to #10 without a 100% guarantee you will get Mariota, what if you do not ? then you have no QB.

Comment

I'm thinking its a draft day thing, the team on the clock(with Mariota available) contacts the Eagles and tries to deal. That being said no way Mariota falls to even 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X