Noel's first points with less than 3 min. remaining in third quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noel's first points with less than 3 min. remaining in third quarter

...after missing his first five shots. Eight first half turnovers. Speaking of turnovers, I turned my attention over to the Internet when the Pellicans' lead got to 20.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Not good, not good at all. The key with Noel is how he develops. Does he put on weight and develop an offensive game or does he just always remain an athletic guy who can block shots...in the meantime, he's gonna look really bad on a lot of nights.

If they get Okafor, developing Noel might be someone else's problem.

Comment

New Orleans played last night

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      Not good, not good at all. The key with Noel is how he develops. Does he put on weight and develop an offensive game or does he just always remain an athletic guy who can block shots...in the meantime, he's gonna look really bad on a lot of nights.

and these guys are still getting beaten to loose balls and getting thumped on the boards. Just not seeing the energy.
      May 7, 2010

Comment

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have nights that I question being all-in on the current plan.

Trying to keep the faith though.
        Last edited by Sect 236; 01-26-2015, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          This is what really makes me think this team is going fuckin nowhere. The few young pieces we already have (Noel & MCW), people are always talking about trading them. I mean, isn't this what they are tanking for? They get these high picks and everyone wants to trade them. They have been dog shit for how long now and what do they have to show for it? An injured big man and more trade bait?

Comment

To be fair, Noel has only played a half season in College and a half season in the NBA. Too early to write him off. Plus, that 2013 draft was just terrible, Noel's been more productive this season than 4 of the 5 guys who went ahead of him.

MCW can get lost, though.

Comment

judging Noel on a game by game basis is misguided. this is a marathon, not a sprint. Dude is playing his first season on the worst team in the NBA.
              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Noel is leading all rookies in rebounds, steals and blocks per game. There's still a lot of obvious holes to his game, but he's got natural ability that can hopefully he developed by Brown and Co.

Comment

I agree with this. I think it is more fair to assume it will be mostly rocky and look to see flashes of promise (which I have seen).
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It's what I'm thinking, I just don't know why everyone (that I see) wants to get rid of these guys... and not just picking on Sect. I'll admit that I have no clue how they are going to pan out.

Comment

Who do I want to get rid of? I said if the Sixers get Okafor, and they have Embiid with Saric coming over, then Noel would be the odd man out. If they get D'Angelo Russell, Emmanuel Mudiay or Stanley Johnson, then Noel remains a valuable part of the rebuild and stays a Sixer.

Comment

I could see them getting rid of MCW if they can upgrade there. He does a lot of things well but he can't really shoot and he turns the ball over too much for my liking. I like Noel. However, if you are in a position to draft Okafor then maybe you consider moving him. It's all about Embiid. He has to pan out. Add Saric and this year's draft class and then you need to start seeing improvement.

I would hope that next season they are putting a team on the court that fans can actually get excited about. Not even necessarily a playoff team, but a team that flashes talent.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I didn't want it to seem like I just talking about you, you only mentioned Noel.
                          Last edited by D Leff; 01-27-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

nor can I judge Okafor on the three times I've seen him

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                            judging Noel on a game by game basis is misguided. this is a marathon, not a sprint. Dude is playing his first season on the worst team in the NBA.
                            ...I have seen a lot more of Noel. Sure, he is a virtual rookie but we're almost halfway through the season. I'd like to see more energy and fire out of him on the offensive end. Its hard not to like his defense.

Okafor looks great from what I've seen so far, but again, small sample size.
                            May 7, 2010

Comment

what do you know about Saric?

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              I could see them getting rid of MCW if they can upgrade there. He does a lot of things well but he can't really shoot and he turns the ball over too much for my liking. I like Noel. However, if you are in a position to draft Okafor then maybe you consider moving him. It's all about Embiid. He has to pan out. Add Saric and this year's draft class and then you need to start seeing improvement.

I would hope that next season they are putting a team on the court that fans can actually get excited about. Not even necessarily a playoff team, but a team that flashes talent.
                              Really who knows if this guy can play?
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X