Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate when I'm quickly glancing at the board and think

"Why is Slag writing such a stupid post???"

Then I start paying attention and see that it's Smegma.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Same exact thing has happened to me. Was expecting an argument vortex, got sucked into the idiot vortex instead.

Comment

I have a serious question for you—how have you not just moved your house into one of the Ballast Point breweries???

I was out last week (thought about hitting you up, but Mrs. Slizz had an itinerary and didn't want to intrude on any family plans you may have had but anyway...) and I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by it. Hit up the one in the office park, as well as Little Italy.

SO GOOD!
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

How would you compare it to Stone? I wanted to stay longer there, but I had places to go (and I had to drive).

Comment

Slizz no worries but next time you're in town we should try and round up some SD igglephans at Ballast Point. I might as well move my house there since there is always BP in my fridge.

SB - Stone in Escondido might be the nicest/coolest brewery in town but Ballast Point has some great locations as well and IMO better beer.

Comment

I'd say Stone is like Anheuser Busch compared to Ballast Point. Big facility, giant gift shop, scheduled tours, etc. Ballast point was nothing like that from my experience. I didn't see any info about taking tours. Just lots, and lots of beers on tap, smaller (but cool) merch selection, board games sitting out to just grab and play. It was VERY chill.

Stone had maybe 15 beers out, and Ballast Point probably had 35.

Still really liked Stone, and am a big fan of their beer, it's just that Ballast Point caught me off guard with how awesome it was.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

That wall with the bastard etched in it in the bar area was awesome.

I also think Stone is more of a one-note brewery with hoppier IPAs being mostly what they do. Stone has just as many IPAs, but also has some sours, wheats, and stouts (Seamonster was fantastic!).
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

We need a new poster - smag

Comment

I'll have to get to other BP locations, then. The Temecula one was okay, but it seemed a little confusing in there. I did like the Stone location, which was beautiful, and I appreciate their beer...but I understand what you mean by the variety of styles. And the tour at Stone was a waste of time. Other than the free tasting and cool class, I could have skipped the rest of it and been better off.

Comment

Working...
                  X