• Show
Clear All

• Diggle: Is this town "overclubbed?"

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...sic_venue.html

certainly overchubbed

Comment

what will the market bear?

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
      could Philly become a Nashville-seattle- new orleans type of live music town???
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

When a new restaurant opens people are so excited. No one complains that the restaurant around the corner is gonna lose business. The knee jerk reaction about a concert venue baffles me.

This is a case of sour grapes. Only thing this is really gonna affect is the Electric Factory. Will be surprised if they will still be in business in 3 years.

One thing I know about Philly is we dont have alot of good concert venues. This one is going to be one of the best in the country. Thats a good thing
        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I'm no fan of live nation but the electric factory is a horrible venue.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
            When a new restaurant opens people are so excited. No one complains that the restaurant around the corner is gonna lose business. The knee jerk reaction about a concert venue baffles me.

This is a case of sour grapes. Only thing this is really gonna affect is the Electric Factory. Will be surprised if they will still be in business in 3 years.

One thing I know about Philly is we dont have alot of good concert venues. This one is going to be one of the best in the country. Thats a good thing
            Disagree...Union Transfer, Tower Theater, World Cafe Live, Boot and Saddle, and First Unitarian Church are fantastic venues. The TLA and Mann Center are fine as well. The only venue that sucks is the Electric Factory. Tell me I'm wrong.

Comment

That's not that many, and not that good.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Im talking GREAT venues. Some on that list are good. None are great. This will be a great venue.

Worst venue ever is the Electric Factory. 2nd is Croc Rock

Comment

Croc Rock's suckitude is amplified by its shitty staff.

By comparison, you can go to NYC and there are tons of great venues. The Knitting Factory is fantastic, Webster Hall, Mercury Lounge, I'm forgetting the name of the one in Union Square but that's good, too. I would definitely take Hammerstein and Roseland over a lot of what PA has to offer as well.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I disagree on the Union Transfer. By far the best venue of any of the 3 cities I've lived in (Philly, Baltimore and DC).

Comment

Its great for that sample size but compared to national level its just good.

Comment

The old Wetlands was fun. Beacon. Irving Plaza. Summer Stage in Central Park.
                        Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-18-2015, 03:55 PM.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                        X