I rewatched the game last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rewatched the game last night

Came to the conclusion that things are never as good or as bad as they seem.

They got lucky to win that game but that is the way a lot of games go. Eagles had no running game. Fooles was not a turnover machine like some other QBs we know of.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

They got lucky to win that game but that is the way a lot of games go. Eagles had no running game. Fooles was not a turnover machine like some other QBs we know of.
    Could not agree more

Comment

Why my friend why?

Like golf, it shows as a W

Comment

The way this team is playing w/o Wentz, I'm not sure how Howie isn't Exec of the Year. Hard to believe.

As the tuna always said, just get into the tournament and anything can happen. So they punched their ticket and have the most advantages possible.

Finally, it's promising to see this team being at least serviceable or better than half the league even w/o arguably the best player of the year anymore. If they can continue to put decent players around Wentz, it could be a fun decade.

Comment

Either Pederson is playing a long game with his playcalling or he doesnt trust Foles. I think its the former.

Monday night was the first time the playcalling seemed overly conservative and I was thinking at one point that it was almost like a preseason game, at times, where they didnt want to show too much by opening up the playbook.

Perhaps it was because the overall execution was poor (it was) and it also could have been due to a feeling from the coaching that Foles isnt ready or capable of doing much of what was geared toward Wentz' strengths. But maybe they scaled back the playcalling because they felt they had a chance to beat a mediocre Raiders team with a more limited game plan. That is definitely wishful thinking to some degree but the team could also benefit by not giving their likely playoff opponents too much tape on what the typical game plan will look like with Foles in charge as opposed to Carson.

Just a (hopeful and rose colored) thought.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I truly believe they knew they had enough to just win the game. Purposely went into game with a vanilla gameplan and could out play Raiders. Maybe, 1/3rd of playbook was in use.

They are already hosting one playoff game and I think they believed they would win at least 1/2 if not both without over preparing and they don't want future opponents to see the few wrinkles we will need to win with Foles under center or 4 feet back in that weird half shotgun shit
            I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Vanilla?

They threw the ball 40 times.

If you're referring to lack of deep throws ... it was windy.

You want to win money ... bet the under when the weather is bad ... I read/heard some pro better say it's the most proven impact trend.

Having said that ... I watched the coaches film ... receivers were not getting open but Foles was also badly inaccurate on throws he had targets for, and was doing the Kevin Klob backwards dance too much when pressured.

Additionally, although Foles will throw into a tight window here and there, it appears he won't risk it as much as Wentz does ... thus, holding the ball "too long".
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Vanilla doesn’t necessarily have to be on the ground, esquire
                I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Working...
                X