The Man is No BUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man is No BUM

Guy is going to go down in history for this WS.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Shut up

Comment

awww whats a matter steelthie

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Shut up
      you wearing royal blue?

what an amazing performance by a pitcher that I can remember,,glad I made it a point to watch the WS this year,,Not a big basebore fan...but always enjoy the fall classic,,,,,,do not think we will see anyone replicate this for decades,,,
      Last edited by TRENT; 10-30-2014, 10:13 AM.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Who?

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
        Guy is going to go down in history for this WS.
        nm
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          what an amazing performance by a pitcher that I can remember,,glad I made it a point to watch the WS this year,,Not a big basebore fan...but always enjoy the fall classic,,,,,,do not think we will see anyone replicate this for decades,,,
          Well, he did have a 3-0 records and a 0.43 ERA over 21 innings. Raw numbers, that's pretty good, no question. This is his major stat line for the just completed series.

3-0, 21 IP, 1 Run, 9 Hits, 1BB, 17 K's. 0.43 ERA

Here's who I'd put up against him, in recent memory.

1. Curt Schilling in 2001 with the D-backs, when he demanded up front that he pitch every three games, starting games 1, 4, and 7, and stared down the Yankees, spitting on their "mystique." His major stat lines were as follows over those three games:

1-0, 21.1 IP, 4 Runs, 12 Hits, 2 BB's, 26 K's, 1.71 ERA

He would have had a second win if Arizona's relief hadn't blown game 4. Game 7 went 12 innings, and I believe he handed over the lead there as well. Minus the K's, Bumgarner is a touch more dominant, but Schilling I think had the greater moxie/balls. And let's face it, the 2001 Yankees were a much more imposing bunch offensively than the Royals this year.

2. Curt Schilling again, 2004 postseason. Not the World Series specifically, but this was the whole "Bloody Sock" and "Schilling's torn tendon" thing. Most casual fans know what this is about, even a decade later. Not to mention, this came in the middle of the whole comeback against the Yankees down 0-3, and got a century long monkey off the back of Red Sox fans.

Respect to Bumgarner, but give Schilling his due. A shame what has happened to him since.

Comment

When you say "Bloody Sock" you mean that sham when Schilling used red Sharpie right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
              When you say "Bloody Sock" you mean that sham when Schilling used red Sharpie right?
              Has that ever been proven? I thought the person who came out with that story took it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoward12 View Post
                Has that ever been proven? I thought the person who came out with that story took it back.
                I don't like Schilling, so no matter what, it's true to me.

Comment

Working...
                X