No announcement yet.

Cutler and Gase are making some magic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler and Gase are making some magic.

I still think it's a good signing when no one else was available.

https://deadspin.com/lets-check-in-o...els-1819052514
    Last edited by TerpEagle; 10-02-2017, 12:58 PM.
    --
    Your Retarded

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    I still think it's a good signing when no one else was available.

https://deadspin.com/lets-check-in-o...els-1819052514
    Don't know if Kaep would have worked in Miami...with the Castro comments.

I think he's more talented than Cutler...but Miami doesn't really seem to be fond of people that respected Castro.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

The hands on the hips! This dude is a fucking gem.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Yep. Plenty of towns where that wouldn't matter much. Miami isn't one of them.

Not to start another thread about this, but I wonder what the actual market for Kaep was. First you have to eliminate the Niners. Then you can take away the markets, like Miami, where, for whatever reason, there was just too much fire. Then you have to look at every other team that was happy with their starter and had a backup that they were content with - both what they were paying and his abilities. It's not as simple as "Kaep is better than X." How much better for how much more money? What is the scheme and how well does backup already know the playbook? I'd wager most teams fell into this category. Once you get through that, there's probably only a handful left. I think the guy absolutely should be in the league, but I also think the market was smaller than people think.
        Last edited by McCarthy12; 10-02-2017, 02:33 PM.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          Yep. Plenty of towns where that wouldn't matter much. Miami isn't one of them.

Not to start another thread about this, but I wonder what the actual market for Kaep was. First you have to eliminate the Niners. Then you can take away the markets, like Miami, where, for whatever reason, there was just too much fire. Then you have to look at every other team that was happy with their starter and had a backup that they were content with - both what they were paying and his abilities. It's not as simple as "Kaep is better than X." How much better for how much more money? What is the scheme and how well does backup already know the playbook? I'd wager most teams fell into this category. Once you get through that, there's probably only a handful left. I think the guy absolutely should be in the league, but I also think the market was smaller than people think.
          We also dont know if he negotiated himself out of possible deals to be a backup. The guy was making somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 mill last season. I know he is upset that he isnt on a roster right now but you gotta wonder what he was expecting to sign for back in March. Either way, it appears certain that, at the start of free agency at least, he was focused on getting a starting role at a starters salary and then, he altered his expectations later on when it was clear that he couldnt find a starting gig.

He is definitely better than the lions share of backups but i am pretty sure he wasnt too thrilled at the idea of taking an 80 percent pay cut to hold a clipboard until much later in the free agency period.
          "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
          X