Honestly, I didn't think Bradford looked that great on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed.

Pete Carroll spoke up against the hit. I think he mentioned its going to be a topic in league circles as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      Agreed.

Pete Carroll spoke up against the hit. I think he mentioned its going to be a topic in league circles as well.
      Paraphrasing...

Bill Davis: When you hit a QB in the backfield, you have to stay below the neck and above the waist, whether he has it or not. If you go below the knees, absolutely you're going to be called 100% of the time if he's back there.
      ... RE: Blandino

I don't care who says what about anything. The NFL is going to protect QBs. Period. They always have and they always will.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I thought he looked okay. Really rusty, good arm, but the release is fantastic.

Double clutched and was wild with a few throws. That's probably because he hasn't played in a game for so long.

Way too early to go either way. Potential is there...but they have to keep him upright and not let him get hit too much.

already 1 dirty hit and a clean hit right to his chest that he really didn't pop up all that fast, so I don't know.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah, a lot was made of that second hit, but you don't see QB's take a direct shot from a DT (with a running start) all that often. First real hit in over a year, so I'm not that concerned.

He was never a pussy in St. Louis, just injured.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Yeah, a lot was made of that second hit, but you don't see QB's take a direct shot from a DT (with a running start) all that often. First real hit in over a year, so I'm not that concerned.

He was never a pussy in St. Louis, just injured.
            Wasn't saying worried about him being a pussy..but I am worried about him taking too many big hits.

The offensive line didn't make me all that comfortable.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Day 1,,,long way to go,,he got back up

is what I take from that game, can't expect the guy to be all that 18 months removed. You can't hit the qb after a handoff, U have to pull up...sanchez looked better
              Last edited by TRENT; 08-25-2015, 03:01 PM.
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Not to be a dick or anything but what exactly did you expect? Hasnt played in a year, brand new team and offense, knew he was only getting 15 snaps. Not exactly the most ideal playing situation. He seemed to have good anticipation on his throws and knows what he wants to do and where he wants to go.

Im just scared shitless about his health.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                  Not to be a dick or anything but what exactly did you expect? Hasnt played in a year, brand new team and offense, knew he was only getting 15 snaps. Not exactly the most ideal playing situation. He seemed to have good anticipation on his throws and knows what he wants to do and where he wants to go.

Probably expected too much. He'll probably be okay...but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post

I expect to see a guy who is markedly better than Nick Foles plus a second round and fourth round draft pick.

Also I want a guy who if he does do well is more than just a one year rental. Eagles are kinda f*cked in a lot of ways... either Bradford does well... and they have a difficult negotiation... or Bradford sucks and they have NO QB.

Kelly can always go back to college if this blows up. I honestly believe that Kelly was trying to get Mariotta and the Bradford deal was a piece of the puzzle he was trying to put together.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      I expect to see a guy who is markedly better than Nick Foles plus a second round and fourth round draft pick.

Also I want a guy who if he does do well is more than just a one year rental. Eagles are kinda f*cked in a lot of ways... either Bradford does well... and they have a difficult negotiation... or Bradford sucks and they have NO QB.

Kelly can always go back to college if this blows up. I honestly believe that Kelly was trying to get Mariotta and the Bradford deal was a piece of the puzzle he was trying to put together.
                      Dude? Seriously? Tom Brady looked like shit the other night. He had one drive, went down the field and scored. Granted, yes, they got some penalties but he converted a third down and then hit a nice pass to Matthews for about 15 yards. It was by no means a shitty outing on his end. Whenever you go 85 yards for a touchdown, im not going to complain. He missed KKKooper on that deep ball, but like I said, his anticipation on his throws is what sets him apart from shitty Foles. Also the fact that his release is 10000x better than Foles. I'm excited about Bradford. I really am.

Comment

Just didn't seem super sharp to me. Overthrown balls. Got a lot of help with penalties on that drive.

I also didn't like the look on his face after the hit he took.

I guess he's still rusty. Hasn't had much game like action over the last year and a half.

Another concern is that if Kelly is going to run the read option (and I am pretty sure he is going to) you know other teams are going to try and do what Suggs did. On a lot of those plays like the one when Suggs hit Bradford low the Eagles leave a DE unblocked.
                        First football in a year against a tough D and scored. I think you're grasping at straws to be honest
                        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                          First football in a year against a tough D and scored. I think you're grasping at straws to be honest
                          If Donovan McNabb had come out with a first series like that and scored a touchdown, I think there would be complaints. Inaccuracy, etc.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid yet.

There were plenty of people who drank the Reid and McNabb Kool Aid... Where are they now? Mostly Wangnutz.
                          --------

Comment

If Donovan McNabb had come out with a first series like that and scored a touchdown, I think there would be complaints. Inaccuracy, etc.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid yet.

There were plenty of people who drank the Reid and McNabb Kool Aid... Where are they now? Mostly Wangnutz.
                            IG, OB, myself and the rest of the kool aid drinkers are wangnuts?! Say it ain't so!

I'm bought in and have no reason to have reservations. This is by far our best shot since 2004 and quite frankly this team has more fire power and less chance for turmoil

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                              IG, OB, myself and the rest of the kool aid drinkers are wangnuts?! Say it ain't so!

I'm bought in and have no reason to have reservations. This is by far our best shot since 2004 and quite frankly this team has more fire power and less chance for turmoil
                              I'm just saying don't get your hopes up too high.

Put your emotional capital into other things than Philadelphia Eagles football.

I'm ok with the roster cleansing Kelly did diuring the offseason but I have yet to see any definitive evidence it will result in a playoff win. I need to see a playoff win.

Everybody who bought in last year got disappointed.
                              --------

Comment

I'm just saying don't get your hopes up too high.

Put your emotional capital into other things than Philadelphia Eagles football.

I'm ok with the roster cleansing Kelly did diuring the offseason but I have yet to see any definitive evidence it will result in a playoff win. I need to see a playoff win.

Everybody who bought in last year got disappointed.
                                I hear you but I'm sure I speak for all with high hopes that we have emotional capital invested in plenty of places besides birds.

Nothing wrong with going all in. Doesn't work out you scrape yourself off and re-up the season tickets for another year.

Comment

Working...
                                X