Two Reporters Shot on Live TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vester Lee Flanagan III
    Last edited by Eagle Road; 08-26-2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Had to watch. It was weird that no one noticed him

Especially after pointing the gun at them
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I thought that was strange too - it seems like the gun is about 3 feet away from the reporter. Cameraman was panning to the right, so that makes sense - but the whole thing is creepy and unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          Especially after pointing the gun at them

I kinda got the impression that they were filming on an empty balcony, no one else was around?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
            I kinda got the impression that they were filming on an empty balcony, no one else was around?
            was it a set up? how did he know they were going to be there? especially if he was fired.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Why do you say that?

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
              Wow that is completely fucked man

Even more terrifying now that I am a father, this society we are leaving our kids is totally fucked
              Gun violence was far worse a generation ago. And much worse when we were kids. Your comment does not reflect the facts.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                was it a set up? how did he know they were going to be there? especially if he was fired.

Who knows, could of been something as simple as one of the victims mentioning an interview on FB?

He definitely had it planned for a while though.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                  Gun violence was far worse a generation ago. And much worse when we were kids. Your comment does not reflect the facts.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/

True, but TV sensationalism is up a 1000%

Comment

This is why, from your article we still have higher rate of homicide than other countries and higher gun ownership, so while the numbers may be down (I admit that was shocking to read) it still is a major issue in this country. Also the argument of arming everyone is not holding water, since we have more gun ownership and violence than any other country.

Snip ~
                    Despite the decline, the United States still has a higher rate of homicide than other developed countries, the study says. But America doesn't have a higher rate for all other crimes.

The United States also has a higher rate of gun ownership than any other developed country, the study said.

Comment

Yeah but so what?

That was also the case 20-30-40-50 years ago. So why is now not a good time to have kids in this country when generations ago it was far worse?

Comment

Shouldn't it be far better by now though? That could be mainly due to social/media over blowing everything, idk man my kid just turned 1 so now all this shit just makes me more aware..

Do you have a solution/suggestion on this? Without going all big brother I think there needs to be psych tests for those trying to purchase guns.. idk

Comment

More awareness makes the problem seem worse. 20 years ago, any asshole with a camera didn't have a worldwide distribution system like Twitter to broadcast the heinous shit they did. There's also the added bonus of the celebrity that comes with this shit.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                            Shouldn't it be far better by now though? That could be mainly due to social/media over blowing everything, idk man my kid just turned 1 so now all this shit just makes me more aware..

Do you have a solution/suggestion on this? Without going all big brother I think there needs to be psych tests for those trying to purchase guns.. idk
                            Here is the thing to me. Crime and shootings overall are down over the last 20 years. But mass shootings are up.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooti...ry?id=32663186

http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...824-story.html
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              He probably just followed the TV van to the location. Those things are hard to miss with the antenna mast on top of them. They are frequently painted in the style of the station as well.

--------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yeah but those numbers are skewed by 3 big events

And the overall numbers are minuscule compared to total gun deaths per year - works out to ~ 17 deaths per year according to that one source.

Comment

Working...
                                X