Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all starting to make sense

-Drafting Marcus Smith
    -Rumors he wanted Matthews in 1st, Heart in 3rd...
    -No trade of Desean
    -No picks in return for Shady
    -Cutting Carey Williams instead of seeking a trade when obviously teams were very interested in him

-And now included draft picks for Bradford. Jets exchanged a 5th for B Marshall, Ravens traded Ndata for a 4th and you are telling me we gave away a 2 and a 4 for this guy who makes 13 mil?!?!?!

-Chip has no clue what he is doing. He has no perception of value in the NFL. My opinions of this guy just changed drastically tonight.

Agree

Comment

Originally posted by SEAGULS View Post
      -Drafting Marcus Smith
      -Rumors he wanted Matthews in 1st, Heart in 3rd...
      -No trade of Desean
      -No picks in return for Shady
      -Cutting Carey Williams instead of seeking a trade when obviously teams were very interested in him

-And now included draft picks for Bradford. Jets exchanged a 5th for B Marshall, Ravens traded Ndata for a 4th and you are telling me we gave away a 2 and a 4 for this guy who makes 13 mil?!?!?!

-Chip has no clue what he is doing. He has no perception of value in the NFL. My opinions of this guy just changed drastically tonight.
      STart using your brain not your emotions

I am ok with this if he belives Bradford is what he wants - those players can be replaced in the draft.

Comment

I am using my brain. Trading for Bradford is one thing, but to send additional draft picks is my biggest beef. And now looking back on missed opportunities to trade for picks is what is killing me about Chip.

I just don't think he comprehends how valuable picks are in this league. His comment that the draft is a "crap shoot at best" is ridiculous and extremely telling.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAGULS View Post
          I am using my brain. Trading for Bradford is one thing, but to send additional draft picks is my biggest beef. And now looking back on missed opportunities to trade for picks is what is killing me about Chip.

I just don't think he comprehends how valuable picks are in this league. His comment that the draft is a "crap shoot at best" is ridiculous and extremely telling.
          Agree about all of this.

I've been giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt all along, but St. Louis just fleeced us, and it's starting to cast doubt on a lot of previously questionable moves.

The fact that the Bills gave Shady an additional contract means the cap hit didn't concern them. That means they valued McCoy enough that a savvy FO could have easily squeezed a pick or two in exchange for one of the best backs in the league.

The reports that the deal went down in 20 minutes says a lot.

Say what you will about Roseman, the guy knew how to squeeze every bit of value out of a transaction.

Comment

Yep. I wanted to look past the " crap shoot at best" comment as just a flippant remark on his part. He's clueless about value.

Comment

it is

a crapshoot. I don't agree with everything that has transpired but I do agree the draft is a crapshoot. Anyone remember Ryan Leaf? Tim Couch? and the myriad of other "great" players that got drafted and didn't work out so well? Free agency isn't the way to build a team, but relying totally on the draft isn't either. Now they still have as many picks this year as they did before yesterday. The only difference right now is that they have two in the fifth instead of two in the fourth. I am not happy with the trade, but taking a wait and see approach might be a good thing. Besides, if the Eagles take all their picks and they don't work out for whatever reason, they you guys will be saying they should have traded them for something. It's a no win situation.

Comment

Once again, the trade is a head scratcher--but it's only March 11th. Some of you are acting like the season is around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                  Say what you will about Roseman, the guy knew how to squeeze every bit of value out of a transaction.
                  I think youre getting a lil hysterical here. First, you just called the Bills front office 'saavy.' Think about that for a minute.

Now, this shit about Roseman and value is absurd when you consider his inability to get jack shit for Desean and the 13 mill cap hit the Eagles would have endured if they wanted to keep MCCoy this season for the contract Roseman gave him.

I'm right there with you questioning this Bradford trade but lets try not to claim that this somehow makes Roseman a good GM or that it somehow makes the Bills saavy for trading for McCoy and then grossly overpaying a running back.

The Bills wont look so saavy once Demarco Murray is signed by some team for a fraction of the cost the Bills paid for McCoy.

Bottom line - the McCoy trade was smart, the Foles trade was not.
                  "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                    I think youre getting a lil hysterical here. First, you just called the Bills front office 'saavy.' Think about that for a minute.
                    That's not what I was saying at all. What I meant was that if WE WERE more savvy, we would have been able to get some picks out of that. I supported the McCoy trade. In hindsight I'm wondering if we could have gotten more, especially since Buffalo DOES NOT strike me as savvy.

How many times was Roseman able to get a 6th or 7th round pick from a player that would never have made our roster anyway? That by itself doesn't make Roseman a good GM. However, it was a skill that we saw him develop over a period of time, and a skill set that Kelly does not seem willing to utilize.

You're telling me we couldn't have gotten SOMETHING for Trent Cole, considering how many suitors he had? Herremans had no value at all? We thought Cary Williams was terrible, but apparently Seattle disagrees.

At the time I thought giving these guys absolute freedom to choose their next team was classy. However, none of them seem to feel very positive about how any of it went down.

Comment

Trent coles cap number was enourmous so they werent getting anything for him. Possibly they could have got a seventh for Herremans. They definitely werent getting anything for sconces.

As to Howie getting all these draft picks youll have to give examples cause i dont remember.
                      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by ncigglefan View Post
                        Free agency isn't the way to build a team, but relying totally on the draft isn't either.
                        Which leads us to Chip's next initiatives... cloning and reanimation of the dead.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

It was obvious to me on day one that this idiot was a high school coach well out of his league. Just take a look at him. Suffers even worse than Reid with his 'smartest man in the room' syndrome even though he's never won a thing in his life.

It doesn't surprise me that Lurie bought in to his garbage. But Eagles fans? That really did shock me. The philly fan base were always savvy, discerning football fans. There's no substitute for basic, solid, football principles. It ain't rocket science, sports science, or any fucking science. Jeezuz.

It will mercifully be over in another 10 months. Have patience. But you'll be looking at 2020 before any playoff appearances occur again. 2020 might be an apt metaphor for the Kelly area. But didn't really require much hindsight.

My hope now is Lurie sells. A real possibility. Stop buying his fucking tickets and merch.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                            As to Howie getting all these draft picks youll have to give examples cause i dont remember.
                            Just off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure we got picks for Jamar Chaney, maybe Joe Mays, some FB they were gonna cut but the Colts wanted, Gocong, possible Brandon Gibson. All players we would have cut, but working the phones got us value.

I would even put Bryce Brown and Sheldon Brown in the category of players that we got value even after the team decided it was time to move on from them.

Again, this is off the top of my head, so some of these examples I may be mis-remembering.

Comment

Working...
                            X