Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I feel more confident than I did in ‘04?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I feel more confident than I did in ‘04?

Was I too young to understand or is this team that good?

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
    TO was questionable, aside from Westbrook, we had very little else.

This team is deep, many weapons

Comment

This isn't the 04' Patriots. Everything has changed since then.
      Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

One step farther...

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
        TO was questionable, aside from Westbrook, we had very little else.

This team is deep, many weapons
        we already knew how FF and 5 could come up small in big games, they had done it enough.

Healthy team, Foles now comfortable with offense and his weapons, and a coach that has been pretty damn amazing at game planning...I expect him to dissect the Pats D and Cox to run right through their line...
        Last edited by Birdwatcher; 01-22-2018, 12:45 AM. Reason: typos
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Because you know they can beat them. They've proven it. Over and over and over.

Fuck doubt. I don't have any left.

Comment

Different coach, different QB, different team, different outcome.
            Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Because you KNOW Foles won't puke...no chance of tossing cookies...just TDs
              YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

We all knew Donnie didn't have it in him. Great Iggs QB, but it was never going to happen for him. I think the same could be said for Andy.

Comment

Simply - Big Dick Nick = < Wentz > McNabb

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    We all knew Donnie didn't have it in him. Great Iggs QB, but it was never going to happen for him. I think the same could be said for Andy.
                    I think this is it. Also we were just happy to be there the last time.
                    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 01-22-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

this. the 04 team was good enough to win a bad NFC but it was still built on pass-pass-pass. that wasn't gonna beat the pats. we got destroyed in the trenches. this team has a commitment to running the ball and a better D. the skill position players might be collectively better than the 04 group.

foles and pederson are also playing with a lot of house money. i love foles but no way is this a matter of him having some "it" factor that mcnabb didn't.

Comment

This team believes in itself

Perfect balance of young studs, seasoned vets, and a coaching staff that can just tie it all together. I'm 33, and this is the greatest Eagles of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          this. the 04 team was good enough to win a bad NFC but it was still built on pass-pass-pass. that wasn't gonna beat the pats. we got destroyed in the trenches. this team has a commitment to running the ball and a better D. the skill position players might be collectively better than the 04 group.

foles and pederson are also playing with a lot of house money. i love foles but no way is this a matter of him having some "it" factor that mcnabb didn't.
                          I dont think Foles has the "it" factor, but can you agree that #5 did NOT?

Comment

ehh...kind of. i was ready for him to leave after 09, but i really appreciate what he did 00-04, and to an extent in 09. to me he's similar to FF - very good but fatally flawed. but i mean, if JJ's defense had ever come through the way the defense did tonight, then i think mcnabb could have won a title.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                              ehh...kind of. i was ready for him to leave after 09, but i really appreciate what he did 00-04, and to an extent in 09. to me he's similar to FF - very good but fatally flawed. but i mean, if JJ's defense had ever come through the way the defense did tonight, then i think mcnabb could have won a title.
                              ya, good point on the D. it just seemed that Donnie had the Jay Cutler attitude...if they lost, ehhh, oh well...

maybe im just still bitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X