The worst trade in Eagles history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst trade in Eagles history

Did you ever really look at how that brandon graham trade panned out for everyone involved? It was a miserable play by the Eagles. Even when you get past the fact that they should have taken Earl Thomas the whole deal was ass stupid from the get go and horrific for the Eagles on so many levels.

So they deal up from 24 to 13, with Denver, and blow the pick. That year the Eagles sat at 24 and, in a panic during a loaded draft, they deal up to draft the unheralded Graham.

Denver then deals 24 to the Eagles arch rival, dallas, who draft future league referree and sociopath dez bryant.

In order to deal up the eleven picks the eagles had to send denver two third rounders. The broncos kept one of them and drafted eric decker. They dealt the other pick to baltimore who took ed dickson.

I will forever believe that the shit show that was the 2010draft put the eagles back five years. And i have every reason to believe that this was, in reality, the exact moment that wanna be fucktard clowny roseman started influencing the course of the franchise.

Nothing chip kelly does can fuck over this franchise like the 2010 (and 2011) draft. Nothing.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

great post

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
    Did you ever really look at how that brandon graham trade panned out for everyone involved? It was a miserable play by the Eagles. Even when you get past the fact that they should have taken Earl Thomas the whole deal was ass stupid from the get go and horrific for the Eagles on so many levels.

So they deal up from 24 to 13, with Denver, and blow the pick. That year the Eagles sat at 24 and, in a panic during a loaded draft, they deal up to draft the unheralded Graham.

Denver then deals 24 to the Eagles arch rival, dallas, who draft future league referree and sociopath dez bryant.

In order to deal up the eleven picks the eagles had to send denver two third rounders. The broncos kept one of them and drafted eric decker. They dealt the other pick to baltimore who took ed dickson.

I will forever believe that the shit show that was the 2010draft put the eagles back five years. And i have every reason to believe that this was, in reality, the exact moment that wanna be fucktard clowny roseman started influencing the course of the franchise.

Nothing chip kelly does can fuck over this franchise like the 2010 (and 2011) draft. Nothing.
    I always thought '11 was worse once you got Earl Thomas out of your head.

Comment

How long have you been following the organization? To call that the worst trade in Eagles history does a disservice to Joe Kuahrich or "Mad Mike McCormick". Joe K, I believe was the one who traded away Sonny Jurgensen for Norm Snead. And all McCormack did was trade 5 years worth of draft picks (plus outstanding WR Harold Jackson) for used up vets. The only one that panned out was the Bergey trade. They were without a first or second round pick for 5 years I believe. When Vermeil took over, the highest draft pick he had in his first 3 years was the 3rd round in 1978.

Comment

Yep...disastrous.

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        How long have you been following the organization? To call that the worst trade in Eagles history does a disservice to Joe Kuahrich or "Mad Mike McCormick". Joe K, I believe was the one who traded away Sonny Jurgensen for Norm Snead. And all McCormack did was trade 5 years worth of draft picks (plus outstanding WR Harold Jackson) for used up vets. The only one that panned out was the Bergey trade. They were without a first or second round pick for 5 years I believe. When Vermeil took over, the highest draft pick he had in his first 3 years was the 3rd round in 1978.
        ....Washington can relate a little to that one with RGKnee for modern day comparisons.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Bad draft, but it can't be worse than drafting nobody at all, like those who advocate giving up a whole draft class to get Mariota would do.

Comment

The only way it validates itself...

Originally posted by ex-press View Post
            Bad draft, but it can't be worse than drafting nobody at all, like those who advocate giving up a whole draft class to get Mariota would do.
            ..is if it ends with a parade down Broadway.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Broad Street?

or Broadway in Camden???
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Bwah.....

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                or Broadway in Camden???
                ...my bad, I have Broadway on the brain, was working on a Broadway in Baltimore county yesterday.

Of course a parade in Camden could prove a news worthy event....would that still validate Chips player decisions??

Comment

hey

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  or Broadway in Camden???
                  things are improving! Who knows, maybe Hinkie leads a parade from the Sixers practice facility?!

Comment

I was too young to know how and why Harold Jackson left town but he was far and away my favorite player at the time. The Birds were pretty damn dreadful in those days and Jackson was one of the few reasons to even pay any attention to them.

The Rams instantly became my #2 team and naturally they broke my heart like a typical Philly team.

Comment

This post aged absurdly well

Comment

Working...
                      X