New insight into Jackson-receivers' coach spat vs. Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New insight into Jackson-receivers' coach spat vs. Minnesota

I heard from somebody in position to know that the DeSean Jackson rant vs. the receivers coach in the Minnesota game was the thing that convinced Kelly that Jackson had to go...but that's not the new insight.

Apparently Jackson got in Bicknell's face and called him a f*g*** and a p*ssy...just screamed it. This was not the first time. This guy told me Chip wont stand for a member of his staff being subjected to that by any player. He said that Kelly said he had to cut him and that the receiving corps my be a question now but "there is no question that kind of behavior will not be tolerated"
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

If true then I can see chips reasoning but it still sucks loosing his talent for nothing
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Clearly, this was not a single incident decision

We all do dumb shit from time to time. Everyone gets a second chance, most get a third chance. And some get a fourth chance. I'd bet DJax had gotten more than his share.

Comment

exactly but

what I was told was that was the thing that put Kelly over the top.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          what I was told was that was the thing that put Kelly over the top.
          It makes sense -- sounds like this was a particularly nasty exchange but if he'd been a boy scout before and after I'll bet they would have let him apologize and move on. I also think if he was 6'4", 240 and could move like Calvin Johnson they would have been more inclined to look the other way. That salary didn't help Jackson's chances, either.

It's too bad they couldn't work it out but if this story is true, I agree completely he had to go.

Comment

If that is true

Then I'll back off my DeSean stance a bit, but I agree with CB, I think any GM worth his salt would at least be able to get a 7th rounder for him. Yeah, yeah, I know, it was his contract. Contract, schmontract, don't show your hand and get something back for the kid.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              Then I'll back off my DeSean stance a bit, but I agree with CB, I think any GM worth his salt would at least be able to get a 7th rounder for him. Yeah, yeah, I know, it was his contract. Contract, schmontract, don't show your hand and get something back for the kid.
              Any pick at all would've softened the blow of losing one of the most dynamic players on the team, no question. I just think it was so obvious the team wasn't going to have him back under any circumstances so no team was foolish enough to take the bait. In that sense, yeah, the team screwed up.

Comment

Not sure where the thread is but I mentioned that that game was the nail in the coffin

Agree with CB that I sucks we got no value but after that game I couldn't see how Chip could/would keep him around

Comment

I heard from somebody in position to know that the DeSean Jackson rant vs. the receivers coach in the Minnesota game was the thing that convinced Kelly that Jackson had to go...but that's not the new insight.

Apparently Jackson got in Bicknell's face and called him a f*g*** and a p*ssy...just screamed it. This was not the first time. This guy told me Chip wont stand for a member of his staff being subjected to that by any player. He said that Kelly said he had to cut him and that the receiving corps my be a question now but "there is no question that kind of behavior will not be tolerated"
                  Have you just made yourself an active part of the smear campaign?
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Contract + reputation as a hot head + publicly announcing he blew off 2011 because of his contract = untradeable.

Once your reputation goes around in the NFL no one would trade for you. Hence, that's why Reid, even though KC is hurting for WR talent, didn't touch him--not even for nothing.

Comment

Probably would have been acceptable if he limited his rant to a racial slur.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                        Yeah, yeah, I know, it was his contract. Contract, schmontract, don't show your hand and get something back for the kid.
                        I'm with you there. I'm not sure why you don't ride it out through the draft. Some team (Cleveland?) will get desperate.

Comment

Where the hell is there one iota of traction for this idea that Cleveland was so desperate they would have taken a 30 million Jackson contract?

Is this the same team that was so desperate they didn't draft one fucking receiver?

Is this the desperate team that had to know that they had a problem with Gordon before the draft ... so they traded Sammy fucking Watkins away?

That Cleveland?
                          Last edited by slag; 05-14-2014, 11:52 AM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It doesn't change the timing of the release. The smart play would have been to hang on to him until at least after the 1st round. If so, the Saints might not have jumped up to grab Cooks.

Comment

He said that Kelly said he had to cut him and that the receiving corps my be a question now but "there is no question that kind of behavior will not be tolerated"
                              Instead DJax should have said he'd fight every receivers coach there. Then he would gotten counseling and a new contract.

Anyway, I've said before I thought it was the Bicknell thing. No surprise.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X