Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anybody on here that doesn't remember 04?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anybody on here that doesn't remember 04?

You fucking youngsters...
    Last edited by BIG JAY; 01-30-2018, 08:55 AM.

What about 81?

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
    Still remember the unopened champagne at my dad's house.
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I don't...I was 5. Too bad you don't still have it...drink that ish this year!!

Comment

I still can't believe that last 5.5 minutes - it was insane. I don't think I've ever gotten over it.

Comment

So drunk and pissed off!!

Comment

I remember 1981

WE were favored in that game over a wild card team. Ugh. I hope they can get this done for all the long suffering guys like you and I. Especially for Merrill Reese and people like that.

Comment

That 80 team was wound tighter than a fucking drum, while the Raiders partied on Bourbon Street. It showed. The 04 team just wasn’t good enough on the offensive line coupled with boneheaded interceptions on consecutive plays, one overturned by penalty. No sense of urgency. This team?? Better up front and enjoying the moment.

Comment

I have a distinct memory of that night watching Action news

and the header for the News was Eagles Lose big game,,I was laying on the floor,,with my head in my hands saying,,"I can't believe they lost" over and over, My little Sicilian Mom said "don't worry it's just 1 game...
                Last edited by TRENT; 01-30-2018, 10:45 AM.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
                  That 80 team was wound tighter than a fucking drum, while the Raiders partied on Bourbon Street. It showed. The 04 team just wasn’t good enough on the offensive line coupled with boneheaded interceptions on consecutive plays, one overturned by penalty. No sense of urgency. This team?? Better up front and enjoying the moment.
                  Pats' defense was good.

Comment

04?, Hell, I still hate Jim Plunkett from 81!

Comment

I was sitting on a couch in Boston

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      04?, Hell, I still hate Jim Plunkett from 81!
                      next to Rhonda Kaplan who would hit me every time the Eagles did something stupid in that game. I was bruised. Hard to hate a guy with two deaf parents, but I do.
                      DB

Comment

Yeah, what about ‘81

Fandom started in the early 70’s. Maybe the darkest period in Eagles history.

I want my fuckin’ coronation.

Comment

Why Plunkett? He was just playing the game.

To this day I despise Jaws, that overrated piece of shit. Guy was pure crap and now history has been re-written with him being some kind of special QB.

Wilbert won the NFCCG pretty much single handedly against the cowpies, but could have used even a little help against the overmatched Raiders.

I say again.......fuck Jaws. That cocksucker spoiled an otherwise great party featuring quaaludes, Stoli, and good friends. That one really should have been.
                          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

What I remember is...

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
                            McNabb allowing the Patriots to smell blood in the 1st quarter with multiple turnovers, his individual effort to rectify these mistakes, an inspiring performance by the man he thought was his enemy, and McNabb exposing the leaders of the defense like Walker and especially Dawkins by keeping them on the field with bonehead turnovers. Cory Dillon trucked Dawkins at the goal line because he was out of gas after giving everything to McNabb who in turn puked with a chance to win. All while smiling and tapping his chest like “my bad.” That’s what I remember.

The worst part of all this is that everyone’s memories of that game are all about McNabb which is exactly how he wants it.

This team we have this year is a real team of guys who care about one another and I will be proud of them when the game is over.
                            Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

I just want to hear Merrill say these magical words..."Philadelphia Eagles - Super Bowl Champs!" Sunday evening would be an appropriate time

Comment

Working...
                              X