Eagles considering returning to kelly green uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    Another deterrent I forgot about…with all the concussion stuff, the NFL has made it mandatory that you wear the same helmet every game. So, for it to be an alternate, they'd have to wear the current helmet with the new logo along with the old school unis. Yuck.

They need to start the process with the league of changing everything (if they haven't already, which they should have) and go back to old school all the time.
    Didn't the Washington Professional Football team wear a different helmet with their throwback alternates, though? I am in full agreement, however. Get this done. The flying Eagle at mid-field would be the deal.
    "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

STEEEEEEEEE-RIKE!

High heat!

Comment

Booooooooo
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

greatest avatar ever

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
          I can't believe the people commenting at the end of that article who are against it.
          !!!
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

BOLD PREDICTION

I feel like the best we're gonna get is them using it as a third uni like San Diego does with the powder blue. Better than nothing, but still stuck with the Foghorn Leghorn bird and Christina's favorite shade of green the majority of the time.
            the Birds exit the tunnel at Franklin Field Sunday for their open practice wearing Kelly green. Waht a great way to launch the new brand!
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              the Birds exit the tunnel at Franklin Field Sunday for their open practice wearing Kelly green. Waht a great way to launch the new brand!
              Ha! That would be awesome. Are Jeffy and the people around him savvy enough to do that? That's the real question.

Comment

I don't want to hear about any damn restrictions, Smolenski

MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                  MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!
                  Yea, just like that because you said so.

Comment

Jesus, get a life, man.

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                    Yea, just like that because you said so.
                    Stop acting like a groupie bitch, sitting around and waiting for my next reply.
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Bingo nam

Another deterrent I forgot about…with all the concussion stuff, the NFL has made it mandatory that you wear the same helmet every game. So, for it to be an alternate, they'd have to wear the current helmet with the new logo along with the old school unis. Yuck.

They need to start the process with the league of changing everything (if they haven't already, which they should have) and go back to old school all the time.
                      Nam

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
                        I think that's what happened with the Chargers, if I remember right: they brought back the original color scheme as an alternate, and the fans loved it so much they just made them the standard.
                        Not quite. Powder Blue/White Helmets is not the Chargers standard uni. It's their alternate. Has been for some number of years. The slight modification last year is a tiny outline of powder blue on the numbers and lightening bolt on the shoulders. They also switched to white helmets permanently.

But make no mistake, the Chargers are still navy blue.

Kelly green outlines of the numbers would clash horribly with the current uniform. Which for the record, I think looks 1000 percent better than kelly green.
                        Last edited by The Ref; 08-06-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

The Chargers solved this problem by just switching to a white helmet permanently. Works with either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                            The Chargers solved this problem by just switching to a white helmet permanently. Works with either.
                            That works for them, because the bolt has their navy blue and their powder blue in it's design. Their regular unis are navy based but have powder as the accent color.

They problem the Eagles would face is, the current logo only has the midnight green in it. Their unis don't have any kelly accents. Switching to white helmet still wouldn't help because when you wear the kelly unis, you still have a helmet with midnight green in it.

If they redesigned the logo to have kelly and midnight in it, and they started to make their midnight unis have a hint of kelly, then they could do that.

Comment

Saw on Facenutz you want the old logo. I'm no fan of the current one, but the more I look at the old one, but weirder it looks.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

That works for them, because the bolt has their navy blue and their powder blue in it's design. Their regular unis are navy based but have powder as the accent color.

They problem the Eagles would face is, the current logo only has the midnight green in it. Their unis don't have any kelly accents. Switching to white helmet still wouldn't help because when you wear the kelly unis, you still have a helmet with midnight green in it.

If they redesigned the logo to have kelly and midnight in it, and they started to make their midnight unis have a hint of kelly, then they could do that.
                                I thought the logos on all helmets are decals, easily switched up. Eagles could have both a kelly and midnight green wing if they switched to white helmets permanently with either uniform color.

I'm not a fan of kelly green uniforms but I am a fan of the white helmets.

Comment

Working...
                                X