Somnething the NFL should learn from the World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somnething the NFL should learn from the World Cup

allow a little more fun and emotion. It certainly makes the games more entertaining.

And a question for the soccer experts...how come some of the players on the bench wear FIFA pinnies over their jerseys on the bench?
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Subs have to be recognizable to the refs

Since they warm up on the sidelines. Remember: In soccer, players in the game actually play the game from outside the field of play (throw in).

Comment

I think the NFL could learn that people like 2 hour games. I know football games can't be 2 hours, but it's pretty nice how soccer games keep going. The NFL is becoming less watchable. I think game breaks are part of the event but a 3.5 hour game that starts at 8:30 can be hard to stay up for.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        I think the NFL could learn that people like 2 hour games. I know football games can't be 2 hours, but it's pretty nice how soccer games keep going. The NFL is becoming less watchable. I think game breaks are part of the event but a 3.5 hour game that starts at 8:30 can be hard to stay up for.
        From watching the compressed games available online, the thing about the NFL which has really become apparent to me is how little action there actually is in an NFL game. And the ratio of action to time it takes to play the game keeps decreasing. Although Chips Kelly's offense has reversed that a little.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Something the World Cup should learn from the NFL...
          Instant replays for all penalties inside the 18.

Comment

cross training

If Tim Howard was available for 4th and 26, he woulda snatched it from Fred-X

Comment

I don't think there's much the NFL can learn from FIFA. Nothing very useful, anyway.

Comment

Blame William Webb Ellis;

In 1846 at Rugby School in England, was frustrated by his inability to kick and control a round football(Soccer Ball),

Being frustrated by his inability, he grabbed up the ball in his arms, and ran pell-mell toward the goal.

The goalkeeper seeing this apparition running toward him, did the only thing he could do, and tackled him.

The students being intrigued by this event started playing around with it.

And came up with the basis of all American Football; "RUGBY"

If not for William Webb Ellis, we would be playing Football with a round ball today!
                "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

Working...
                X