We (not they) should trade for Andre Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We (not they) should trade for Andre Johnson

Four teams allegedly interested and I'd be shocked if we (not they) aren't one of them.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    Four teams allegedly interested and I'd be shocked if we (not they) aren't one of them.
    Doesn't make any sense from a financial standpoint, but I would LOVE to have him.

Comment

Probably a year too late. I have no faith that Maclin can deliver at a top 100 player level and will likely not be re-signed after the season. Johnson would be a perfect compliment to the young Matthews. Wish they would do it and send Maclin packing to KC.

Comment

Would love it, not going to happen

Comment

They are already financially invested in WR and wayyy invested in the offense. Ask Desean Jackson.

Comment

Heavy on the offense, but WR $$ post Djax is below average

http://overthecap.com/offensebreakdown.php?Year=2014

But that doesn't matter.
            Invest in young ascending talent, not 33 year old descending WRs who need to be replaced next year.
            Your window is 2015-2018 and he's of no use then

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
              Your window is 2015-2018 and he's of no use then
              I dunno if I agree with this. I feel like the window (at least the one we're talking about now) opens whenever this defense comes together and ends whenever Shady starts to decline. It's impossible to know when it will open or close until it happens, based on those parameters.

If that's the case, there may be people in the organization who feel that this year may be a sweet spot when the defense is on the rise, and before Shady is on the decline. If that's the case, I could see feelers for Johnson. He is the anti-DJax after all.

I don't think it's likely. I just don't think it's impossible.

Comment

Eagles can win the SB this year. I go for it even if just for 1 year.

He's hurt sometimes but is still elite talent when on the field. I'd take 2 years of him for a shot at our first SB.

God that always hurts to type. It's ridiculous

Comment

His run blocking ability alone should make the Birds at least call about him. Easily one of the league's best at it.
                  "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

Comment

It would be a good move. The guy can still play, and for 1 year it wouldn't hurt anything. Plenty of cap space left. Different player than DJax obviously, but he would be a nice replacement. I doubt the FO goes for it though. They seem to be more invested in draft picks than acquiring veteran difference makers.

Comment

... and what would signing Andre Johnson do to the WR salaries? Andre Johnson is due $10,000,000.00 this year alone.

Oh, and then there is Nick Foles to consider.

Comment

Yeah, that's what Andre Johnson is looking for... a one year visit. If the Eagles were going to do that, then why not keep Desean Jackson for one more year? ... and don't answer that with gang affiliation bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                          Yeah, that's what Andre Johnson is looking for... a one year visit. If the Eagles were going to do that, then why not keep Desean Jackson for one more year? ... and don't answer that with gang affiliation bullshit.
                          Well, I would have kept Jackson, so I'm not the one to give you a good reason why they didn't. How long would you want to keep a 33 year old receiver? I'd bet he'd prefer getting traded and getting 10 mil over being cut and getting 5.

Comment

Bottom line: They are not going after Johnson unless they think he is better than Maclin over the long haul.

Its about finances.

Comment

If Riley Cooper can look like a legit #2 in this offense, Maclin will be elite.

You been hitting the Top 100 hard on your superexpando set, eh?
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X