Ok, the initial shock has worn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    Was he the 2nd most valuable RB in football going into 2015, let alone 2015-2017?

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back
    didn't say he was...but I would say he's definitely top 5...and after they got lane back he was second in the league in rushing to murray.

Not saying he didn't have a down year...and that much money for anyone other than a qb is dumb...but at the same time...this is a running offense first and foremost. We'll see how the plug and play running back thing is going to work.

I do think that shady wasn't really the optimal back in the system even though he was fantastic in 2014...they need the 1 cut and go runner for this offense.

At the same time...the eagles gave him that contract...so they are basically at fault as well.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

• Originally posted by nerd View Post
      didn't say he was...but I would say he's definitely top 5...and after they got lane back he was second in the league in rushing to murray.

Not saying he didn't have a down year...and that much money for anyone other than a qb is dumb...but at the same time...this is a running offense first and foremost. We'll see how the plug and play running back thing is going to work.

I do think that shady wasn't really the optimal back in the system even though he was fantastic in 2014...they need the 1 cut and go runner for this offense.

At the same time...the eagles gave him that contract...so they are basically at fault as well.
      I don't think it was so bad for the Eagles. For McCoy maybe, but not the Eagles.

They gave him a contract that they could get out of relatively easily after 3 years. His best season was in 2013. His 3rd worst/4th best was last year - the year that most of the dead money finally came off the contract.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCoLe01.htm

I'm basing the yearly rankings on AV (average value) but look at total yards, TDs, etc. and it makes sense.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

• That's definitely possible

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        Have you considered that McCoy's contract was so prohibitive that there wasn't much of a market for him? Many teams may have expected him to just be released and signed him for less money and no draft picks.

That's speculation of course, but it's a reasonable consideration.
        but I'm still trying to get as much as I can from the Bills, and I'm going to try to use Alonso's injury as leverage. Again, this is just what I would do. Chip has his own philosophy and methods, I just don't agree with how this particular one went down.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
          but I'm still trying to get as much as I can from the Bills, and I'm going to try to use Alonso's injury as leverage. Again, this is just what I would do. Chip has his own philosophy and methods, I just don't agree with how this particular one went down.
          I get your point, but I think you're making the assumption that they didn't get the most they could (or even try) because you think he's worth more.

Maybe he was so surprised that he was able to get that much from the Bills he pulled the trigger quickly but to say that they didn't negotiate is speculation.

I don't know but everything I've seen so far is that Kelly is calculating so I find that hard to believe.

Also, if Alonso went to any other school this would be half as "shocking" as it is right now. Yes, Kelly likes players he coached probably because he knows more about them so they're safer bets.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

I don't think it was so bad for the Eagles. For McCoy maybe, but not the Eagles.

They gave him a contract that they could get out of relatively easily after 3 years. His best season was in 2013. His 3rd worst/4th best was last year - the year that most of the dead money finally came off the contract.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCoLe01.htm

I'm basing the yearly rankings on AV (average value) but look at total yards, TDs, etc. and it makes sense.
            I had my dates mixed up too..meant to put that 2013 was a great year for him...not last year.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I had my dates mixed up too..meant to put that 2013 was a great year for him...not last year.
              Ahh, yeah I figured you meant 2013. I still think the contract wasn't so bad for the Eagles. They rewarded a young player and got his best year while paying off his guaranteed money and as the guaranteed money was paid off he showed signs of decline.

I will say that I expect McCoy to have a pretty good year this year if he stays healthy, etc. He should be extra-motivated by the idea that he's getting old and losing value. I don't know if he would have that motivation if he was still with the Eagles.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Ahh, yeah I figured you meant 2013. I still think the contract wasn't so bad for the Eagles. They rewarded a young player and got his best year while paying off his guaranteed money and as the guaranteed money was paid off he showed signs of decline.

I will say that I expect McCoy to have a pretty good year this year if he stays healthy, etc. He should be extra-motivated by the idea that he's getting old and losing value. I don't know if he would have that motivation if he was still with the Eagles.
                their o-line isn't too bad up there...and i know what they are going to do...power run, hope that cassell or manuel don't turn the ball over and then play light's out defense.

Comment

their o-line isn't too bad up there...and i know what they are going to do...power run, hope that cassell or manuel don't turn the ball over and then play light's out defense.
                  What exactly are you basing that on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    What exactly are you basing that on?
                    watching a couple games and seeing their talent. they aren't amazing but they aren't total poop either. probably better than the o-line the eagles trudged out with molk, tobin and gardner starting

they just got incognito...and while a scumbag...he is a fairly solid guard.

Comment

watching a couple games and seeing their talent. they aren't amazing but they aren't total poop either. probably better than the o-line the eagles trudged out with molk, tobin and gardner starting

they just got incognito...and while a scumbag...he is a fairly solid guard.
                      I'm just curious because everything I read about their running game and o line had them ranked at like 25 and worse. They averaged 3.7 ypc last year as a team. Not good.
                      Last edited by Greenstealth; 03-05-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• If and when Shady becomes a Bill

I think Buffalo is going after OL in the draft and FA

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                          I'm just curious because everything I read about their running game and o line had them ranked at like 25 and worse. They averaged 3.7 ypc last year as a team. Not good.
                          nope, completely understand. Cordy Glenn was very good in 2013. A top left tackle...had an illness and he missed all of training camp and was off all year. Left guard was an issue but Incognito isn't bad...actually, he's pretty solid. Their center, wood, is solid but not astounding. I read that they are going hard after Iupati for right guard.

I still think it's a fairly solid o-line...and if they get iupati they could be really good. If their qb stinks though...yeah, shady might not have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X