Defense was respectable today IMO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense was respectable today IMO.

But they did not come up with any takeaways. Big problem and if they had done that the Eagles could have won this game despite all of the other f*ckups.

The safety early was set up by the messed up kickoff return. Not a takeaway but I give them credit for getting the safety.

The offense remains the problems and let's look at the moves GM Chump made there last season... Lessee. Signs two roaches, one of who was probably the best player for the Dolphins today.

He traded away McCoy for Alonzo... which might be understandable except we really haven't heard Alonzo's name too many times in a playmaking context this season.

He does nothing to address the Oline... which is decimated by injury and playing like sh*t.

Finally he trades a QB who has had success in his system and was not expensive for an injury prone QB on a one year contract at $13 M. Not only that, he throws in a second round draft pick to sweeten the deal!

I don't blame him for bringing Sanchez back. But what we saw today is exactly why Sanchez is a backup. Having said that I think he might be better than Bradford in this offense!

Nice work, GM Chump.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    But they did not come up with any takeaways. Big problem and if they had done that the Eagles could have won this game despite all of the other f*ckups.

The safety early was set up by the messed up kickoff return. Not a takeaway but I give them credit for getting the safety.

The offense remains the problems and let's look at the moves GM Chump made there last season... Lessee. Signs two roaches, one of who was probably the best player for the Dolphins today.

He traded away McCoy for Alonzo... which might be understandable except we really haven't heard Alonzo's name too many times in a playmaking context this season.

He does nothing to address the Oline... which is decimated by injury and playing like sh*t.

Finally he trades a QB who has had success in his system and was not expensive for an injury prone QB on a one year contract at $13 M. Not only that, he throws in a second round draft pick to sweeten the deal!

I don't blame him for bringing Sanchez back. But what we saw today is exactly why Sanchez is a backup. Having said that I think he might be better than Bradford in this offense!

Nice work, GM Chump.
    High School Harry at his finest.

Comment

e: derp
      Last edited by FuriousXGeorge; 11-15-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

P.S. And for those who say McCoy had to go because of his contract, I present you these exchanges involving JoeLo on Twitter.

Originally posted by Zach Berman
        Zach Berman Verified account
        ‏@ZBerm

The McCoy trade made sense when considering money it opened and getting Kiko in return. But can't take anything away from McCoy.
        Originally posted by JoeLo
        Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13 Nov 12

Joe Banner Retweeted Zach Berman

no sense on money. only reason McCoy higher cap was structure. both cost the same, Murray now has bigger guarantee
        Originally posted by Tim Kelly Sec 215

Joe Banner Retweeted Zach Berman

no sense on money. only reason McCoy higher cap was structure. both cost the same, Murray now has bigger guarantee
        Originally posted by JoeLo

Joe Banner Retweeted Tim Kelly Sec215

Not true. Could've just converted salary to SB for this year(every player will do that) and had same cap # as Murray
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I agree with all your points. However, I can't lay any blame at the feet of the D. They've been bailing out the offense all season. On a Chip Kelly team, the offense needs to carry it's share of the load. Otherwise, what is Chip's real value?

Comment

Working...
          X