Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Maxwell the worst FA acquisition in franchise history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Maxwell the worst FA acquisition in franchise history?

Factor in the crazy money they threw at him and I can't think of a bigger bust than this jagoff. He's soft as hell and can't tackle or cover worth a damn.

What's not to like?

can't really say yes

because this is the worst coached defense ever in Philadelphia,,and we had the Taco defense! so I would say jury is out until Davis is gone,,but it seems Jenkins has regressed the whole Defense looks turrible!

Between Him and Murray,,we have 2 to pick from
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

That "tackle" by Jenkins early in the game yesterday

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
      because this is the worst coached defense ever in Philadelphia,,and we had the Taco defense! so I would say jury is out until Davis is gone,,but it seems Jenkins has regressed the whole Defense looks turrible!

Between Him and Murray,,we have 2 to pick from
      Says it all. WTF was that ??? almost makes me ashamed to say that he's a former Buckeye.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I still think Nnamdi was worse

Comment

Honestly, I think the defense was playing ok, maybe even good until the Tampa game. Not sure how they fell off the cliff.

Losing Hicks hurt a lot but that explains nothing about this collapse.

Drafting Smith and Rowe have hurt as much as anything. I felt a little bad for Rowe yesterday... I think he's playing out of position.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Yes! there U go...

Originally posted by McNabbTime05 View Post
            so far he's the worst DB we ever signed...Maxwell has a chance to catch him,,they both seem like Pussies
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Bbambi was much worse.

Comment

Murray is actually worse.

Comment

All valid points (hard to argue) but something about Maxwell just rubs me the wrong way as he comes across as not really giving a shit. He drives me crazy with his lack of coverage skills but his lame-ass attempts at tackling send me over the edge. He always goes high which is something they teach you in the pee-wee leagues NOT to do. It's all about effort and wanting to be good but I just don't see any of it in him.

Comment

His strip move

At the end of every "tackle" is the worst ever

Comment

Hell yes

Originally posted by ArkansasEagle View Post
                      At the end of every "tackle" is the worst ever
                      I hate that shit. the fucking guy is down already, they're not going to give you a fumble if you do happen to strip it.
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I think so too
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
                          Murray is actually worse.
                          This. Maxwell is not worth his contract, but he is a serviceable NFL starer. Murray right now should not even be on the field.

The Murray signing is also worse because it was necessitated by a dumbass trade of a better player that could have stayed here for the same price.

We had running back solved for years and made a hole there for no reason. CB was a position that had legitimate holes to begin with because we were coming off two cheap stopgap free agents that didn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by McNabbTime05 View Post

This. I'll give Roach-Murray #2.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              Honestly, I think the defense was playing ok, maybe even good until the Tampa game. Not sure how they fell off the cliff.

Losing Hicks hurt a lot but that explains nothing about this collapse.

Drafting Smith and Rowe have hurt as much as anything. I felt a little bad for Rowe yesterday... I think he's playing out of position.
                              Rookie CB who hasn't started a game, didn't come into the game as a starter, 1-on-1 with no help against Calvin fucking Johnson. Unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                              X