No announcement yet.

Not sure if any of you have seen this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if any of you have seen this.

Apologies if you have. haven't been around much and didn't feel like going through pages of posts. I think some valid points are made here regarding Chip. I'm not going full Shady at all, but the article makes sense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...ly-controversy
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

I have an opinion on this........

Jason Whitlock can go fuck himself like the others.

Nothing better to write about today Jason? How about Igglephans bombing Santa with snowballs? That makes about as much sense as this tripe.

Nice shit stirring nonsense. Good enough to get a righteous dude like Ohio thinking; so I'll give you credit for writing effective bullshit.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Ah, you never disappoint me, sir

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
      Jason Whitlock can go fuck himself like the others.

Nothing better to write about today Jason? How about Igglephans bombing Santa with snowballs? That makes about as much sense as this tripe.

Nice shit stirring nonsense. Good enough to get a righteous dude like Ohio thinking; so I'll give you credit for writing effective bullshit.
      I do think that there's some truth to the fact that if you're leading a bunch of players, the majority of whom are Black, that at least some of the people that you're going to give some authority to should be able to relate to those players. Obviously, they need to be good coaches first, but I find it hard to believe that there are no Black coaches out there worthy to be put into positions of authority on this team.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Maybe so, but......

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        I do think that there's some truth to the fact that if you're leading a bunch of players, the majority of whom are Black, that at least some of the people that you're going to give some authority to should be able to relate to those players. Obviously, they need to be good coaches first, but I find it hard to believe that there are no Black coaches out there worthy to be put into positions of authority on this team.

My belief is that it's the responsibility of the head coach to find what he feels are the best coaches available to teach in his system, and not first find available black coaches and then choose the best candidates from that selection.

Building a winning program will lend itself to having a diverse management. It never comes out to well in any endeavor; marriage, government, team building when extraneous factors are forced into the equation.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I'll agree with that for the most part

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
          My belief is that it's the responsibility of the head coach to find what he feels are the best coaches available to teach in his system, and not first find available black coaches and then choose the best candidates from that selection.

Building a winning program will lend itself to having a diverse management. It never comes out to well in any endeavor; marriage, government, team building when extraneous factors are forced into the equation.
          But I think that there's something to be said when you're looking at current Black coaches or managers across all of the major sports leagues. You've got a little over 100 professional sports teams in the big four pro leagues, and less that fifteen of the coaches or managers are Black. You could maybe, sorta give the NHL a pass, but the other three leagues are severely lacking.

Comment

Here's why I think this issue is BS

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
            coaches don't relate to their players as people anyway...black or white. they are coaches of a different generation. you think Belichik relates? Rex Ryan? Pete Carrol? Come on.. The whole thing is a manufactured controversy IMO.
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Not only that but...............

Has anyone on this bored ever approached his boss and told him that "he didn't relate well" to him? If so, please let me know how that turned out.

Stupid? You bet your ass it is. When players hold out for more $$$$$, they inevitably come up with "well, it is a business you know".

Well, in business you have the managers and the employees. The players are nothing but well paid employees. Too bad they don't know their place.

To quote "Greetings, This is Uncle Sam" (an old R&B tune that you'd have to be cool enough to be familiar with)...........

"There's the right way, there's the wrong way, and there's my way. You do it my way, see?"

Oh, and double fuck with a broom handle that worthless piece of shit Stephen A. Smith again.

Comment

"...Should Be Able To Relate To Those Players"??

They CAN relate -- the coaches COACH football -- the players PLAY football. So much for relating! The players and the coaches damn well better speak that language and believe in that culture!

Gain 125 rushing yards a game, catch 10 passes, make 12 tackles, intercept a couple of passes, open a hole big enough for an aircraft carrier to sail through, throw a blind side block like the unforgettable greatest one of all-time, Keith Byars on Pepper Johnson -- that's the language and the culture that matters above all others. You do that and it doesn't matter if you're black, white, red or a slightly darker shade of green!!

How many Polish coaches does Kelly have? How many are Jews? You gonna charge prejudice towards Poles and Jews if he doesn't have "X" number of men who meet those criteria? Un-freaking-real!!
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  coaches don't relate to their players as people anyway...black or white. they are coaches of a different generation. you think Belichik relates? Rex Ryan? Pete Carrol? Come on.. The whole thing is a manufactured controversy IMO.
                  I don't think it's manufactured. What you have here is a scenario similar to Jim Harbaugh in San Fran. Control Freak over shit that's none of the coach's business - like how a grown man chooses to sleep. If Kelly keeps winning and progressing in the post season it won't matter. Just like it didn't when Harbaugh was taking the 9ers deep into the playoffs. When he starts to lose and miss the playoffs there will be revolt.

All of the traditional "tough coaches" - you left off Coughlin - evolved over the course of their careers. And began to relate to their players better. They also all won super bowls. You can retain that tough coach persona as long as you're winning. If you fail to win a Lombardi that way, the players revolt en masse. Just making the playoffs won't be enough.

Chip has two more years. My prediction that he will fail is still holding true. And just like Harbaugh, Kelly will be back in college where his shit belongs. Sadly for Philly it's going to take a long time to build the team back up to something resembling respectable after Kelly's departure.

edited to add - if Kelly himself evolves and starts relating to grown men differently than college boys he might have a chance for long term success.
                  Last edited by The Ref; 08-10-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Quite a bold prediction

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                    Chip has two more years. My prediction that he will fail is still holding true.
                    If he doesn't win a Super Bowl, like every other coach in Eagles history, you can proclaim you were right.

If he does? Well shit, Chip just won a Super Bowl.

You're an asshat.

Comment

Well....

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                      They CAN relate -- the coaches COACH football -- the players PLAY football. So much for relating! The players and the coaches damn well better speak that language and believe in that culture!

Gain 125 rushing yards a game, catch 10 passes, make 12 tackles, intercept a couple of passes, open a hole big enough for an aircraft carrier to sail through, throw a blind side block like the unforgettable greatest one of all-time, Keith Byars on Pepper Johnson -- that's the language and the culture that matters above all others. You do that and it doesn't matter if you're black, white, red or a slightly darker shade of green!!

How many Polish coaches does Kelly have? How many are Jews? You gonna charge prejudice towards Poles and Jews if he doesn't have "X" number of men who meet those criteria? Un-freaking-real!!
                      I don't believe that I ever said that Chip was prejudiced. However, I do think that in today's NFL, with so many players who are Black, that there is something to be said about the lack of Black coaches. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Yeah, just like your prediction RG Knee would be a star for years to come.

Fuck off! Nobody here gives a shit about your ignorant, brain dead thoughts.

You've proven time and again you're nothing but an Igglephans troll who doesn't know shit about the NFL.....even with the advantage of owning a super expand TV set.

Comment

Well, you said this team

What black coach of authority is better qualified than his counterpart on Kelly's current staff? Not trying to be a smart ass, but if you raise it as an issue this is a legit question.
                          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

Well I don't have a list

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            What black coach of authority is better qualified than his counterpart on Kelly's current staff? Not trying to be a smart ass, but if you raise it as an issue this is a legit question.
                            Of all of the position coaches in the NFL right in front of me, but I know that former Cardinals and Niners safety Tim McDonald is coaching the DB's in Buffalo. I'll take him over our DB coach in a minute.

Comment

Ha! He hasn't won a SB in his first two years thus your prediction of failure is "still holding true." Yup, you're a real Nostradamus.

I also like "it's going to take a long time to build the team back up to something resembling respectable after Kelly's departure." Vintage Ref. He inherited a 4-12 team and he has just finished completely overhauling the roster (oh and they won the division in his first year). Can we maybe let this roster play a few games first? Hilarious.
                              Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-12-2015, 07:52 AM.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X