if Chip the GM stays another year, its going to set us back another 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if Chip the GM stays another year, its going to set us back another 3

Guy is in over his head, surrounded by enablers.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
    Guy is in over his head, surrounded by enablers.

I do think they will get better as the year goes on, however, I really don't see them getting anywhere with a patched together O-line.

So at what point does Jeffery pull Howie out of solitary? 5-11, 6-10,?????? and if that happens, I could see CK walking, then this team is even more of a cluster fuck, as any new coach coming in would want "his" players and then here we go again.

Comment

I can't see Lurie pulling the plug on him after 1 season of personnel control.

Maybe he'll go back to college.

Comment

I was just so happy to see FF go that I....

....fell for this bum hook, line, and sinker. Not totally, but I was optimistic. We see now that this is what you get when you go with a guy that has no NFL experience. We saw the same thing with FF. On-the-job training, if you will.

Comment

Walter Thurmmond looks like a good signing. Hicks has been great. Rowe hasn't been perfect but he's been better than he was in the preseason. There's been some successes from Chip's offseason but the lack of attention paid to the OL (except when cutting guys) outweighs it all.

Good GMs know you can't ever ignore one whole part of the team, especially OL. He failed there and it's having a negative impact on every other position on the field.

Comment

Foolish to think that someone with only 2 years experience at the pro level could be a competent GM

Comment

Mark Schlereth agrees ... from article in Inky

Schlereth’s main beef seems to be Kelly’s up-tempo offense, which has resulted in the team having just one snap count so it can run more plays.

"Chip Kelly, this is a Pop Warner snap count, essentially," Schlereth said. "It’s the same snap count on every play, and defensive linemen tee off on you. You’re letting them control the line of scrimmage, you’re letting them get penetration in your backfield on a consistent basis because you don’t change your snap count."

Schlereth also claims the Eagles are the only team to focus on man-blocking on the front side of their offensive line.

“It’s the only team in the league that does it that way, and the reason they’re the only team in the league that does it that way is because they’re stupid,” Schlereth said. “They don’t understand NFL principles.”
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

My high school coach ran the same snap count on every play. You knew the defense was teeing off because once a game, when we needed a third or fourth and short, we'd go on two and draw the offsides.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  Walter Thurmmond looks like a good signing. Hicks has been great. Rowe hasn't been perfect but he's been better than he was in the preseason. There's been some successes from Chip's offseason but the lack of attention paid to the OL (except when cutting guys) outweighs it all.

Good GMs know you can't ever ignore one whole part of the team, especially OL. He failed there and it's having a negative impact on every other position on the field.

I will add that Chip did bring in Sproles and to be honest I think he got a good value on Mathews (the RB) I think the guy does a great job with what he has in front of him, along with Alonso, if he can ever stay on the field, but of course that remains to be seen.

But I think he missed big with Murray, Maxwell, and getting rid of Foles.
                  Last edited by Eagle Road; 10-05-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Chip can't get credit for anyone acquired before this season. If Howie takes the fall for Mucus Smith, he also gets credit for the ones they hit on too. At best, Chip gets partial credit for anyone before this season.

Comment

Agree. As good as some of his hits have been they decision to

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      Chip can't get credit for anyone acquired before this season. If Howie takes the fall for Mucus Smith, he also gets credit for the ones they hit on too. At best, Chip gets partial credit for anyone before this season.
                      decimate the OL with no plan to address it is also his to own. I guess in college skill position outweighs a strong OL. But as Chip said a few years back, its not complicated "football is football."
                      You think its a joke!?!

Comment

If he's actually doing that, I'm extremely concerned about whether he is HS Harry.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm concerned he's going to sink 50 million dollars into Bradford.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Texas please
                            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              If he's actually doing that, I'm extremely concerned about whether he is HS Harry.
                              I believe it. Single snap count lets him run more plays. That's his holy grail.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X