No announcement yet.

this is a Plan B for striking out in FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that Diggle's contention could have serious legs if someone does the math.

If there wasn't enough cap space to sign Bradford if they signed Maclin, Gore and McCourty at the Eagles' reported deal numbers, well ...
    Last edited by slag; 03-11-2015, 07:25 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

They could have worked the numbers so the cap hit was not so high this year on all three, so money should not have been a problem. Just a minor glitch in the process, I still dont think bradford takes a regular season snap for the birds.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

If Bradford could have fit with those three then Diggle's contention has less juice.

Comment

Oh I agree comletely, just saying it could not have been money that rerailed the plan.
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
            If they resigned Maclin, got McCourty and Gore (in addition to Maxwell and Sanchez), I dont think Bradford is here.

Now there are too many holes to fill for this year to dump the entire draft for MM. Panic button was hit and they went for Bradford.
            If Bradford actually is his guy, I think there's a lot of we-can-rebuild-him hubris happening, along with the-system-is-paramount hubris.

It's a *HUGE* gamble. Bradford costs enough in salary to limit other moves without an extension, which is obviously another issue. He's not old, but even if he's miraculously healthy he's not someone you can expect to be your starter for the next 10 years.

I'm not against big moves -- I get the logic of the McCoy trade and I can sort of understand not bringing back Maclin, et al -- but Kelly is dialing up the odds that shit goes sideways on him.

If you told me a month ago that the Eagles were going to swap Bradford for Foles but keep the rest of the offense intact, I could actually feel pretty good about that. But Kelly is counting on a whole lot of dominoes falling just right.

Comment

Not sure I follow you.

I'm saying that if Bradford could not fit in the cap after the Eagles signed Maclin, McCourty and Gore, Diggle makes sense that it was plan B.

If he could have, it doesn't.

Comment

Diggle doesn't know diddly

If you fooles believe Chip said nothing to Fooles about his future here then Chip had no intentions whatsoever of keeping him another year and building around him, flushing diggle's "theory" down the crapper
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Foles was getting traded no matter what. Your point has no basis in this discussion
                  WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    Plan B should be patience. Kelly doesn't have one ounce of patience.

McKelly = McCormick
                    Or Kuharich. Yep. We old timers have seen a string of bad coaches before. This is like the late 60's again. Kelly would have traded Jurgenson for Snead.

Comment

really? then who was replacing fooles?

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                      Foles was getting traded no matter what. Your point has no basis in this discussion
                      nm
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

it was getting the all the free agents to fill holes, trading Foles and getting MM OR getting some of the free agents, filling holes in draft, trading Foles and getting Bradford. Trading Foles was part of both plans
                        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I have little doubt that Foles was a goner either way. I'm just skeptical of this move on the merits. Personally, I'd prefer Foles, but whatever. Let's assume Bradford is better/has more upside. There's still that whole issue of him never being healthy. How do you overcome that?

Also, if he's long term, shouldn't we being reworking his contract? Maybe Chip is going to draft Hundley. I just don't like the trade - and throwing in picks on top of it? Very strange.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                          X