The end of the game???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of the game???

WTF, why in the hell did Davis wait till the end of the fucking game?!?! My brother and I were screaming for that switch after the first TD to fucking Dez

This team, I swear

"No, I did not," defensive coordinator Bill Davis said, when asked if he considered pulling Fletcher. "I believe in our guys. I believe in the players we have out there. If you look at the plays he got beat on, he didn't make the play at the ball [but otherwise played the proper technique].

"The first one he got a bad start, he looked back too early. There are different reasons for every one of them. But no, I did not. At the end of the game, I switched, put Cary [Williams on Bryant] but I didn't take [Fletcher] out of the game.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...EsQLX5J7kgZ.99

And what tells you that the result would have been any different if he made the switch earlier?

Comment

There's no stat for the talent level Williams has over Fletcher, I'm sure it is not much of a difference, but it could have made a huge difference while matching up on Dez

The switch def should have been made after the second TD

Comment

Williams is probably better then Fletcher, but it wouldnt have mattered.

Davis was outmatched big picture with the squad he had to work with.

They limited the pash rush by having Witten run Barwin around.

With no pass rush they were free to exploit the non-existant middle defense and torch the D backs -- only made worse with no help over the top from Safety.

Unfortunately at this point, any team with a viable TE looks like they could do the same thing.

Comment

Bench Fletcher and replace him with who?

Comment

Boykin and Carroll are your extra DBs, and who knows what they'd have done, but when Fletcher is getting abused play after play, you have to see if they could do any better.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

That and I was wanting to man Williams on Dez and not shitty Fletcher

Comment

Working...
              X