OT: Cable signal boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Cable signal boosters

I've wired my house so all tvs are fed by my main cable box in living room but now the audio to my tv in the kitchen (long cable run) is very low.

Anyone ever try one of those signal boosters to put along the line somewhere so long run signals are stronger? Will that do the trick? Better to buy a wall-powered one?
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Since you already ran the wires this might not help, but I got a cable splitter booster at Lowes and it worked great all my TV's have a strong signal now. When I remodeled the house I ran all the cables back to this box and then ran the main cable into it.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
      I've wired my house so all tvs are fed by my main cable box in living room but now the audio to my tv in the kitchen (long cable run) is very low.

Anyone ever try one of those signal boosters to put along the line somewhere so long run signals are stronger? Will that do the trick? Better to buy a wall-powered one?
      Yeah, I think the amplifiers would work. You may have to play around with where you put it in relation to your splitters.

Also, make sure you aren't using any unnecessary splitters, as each split reduces the signal strength.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

What kind of cable did you run? RG6?

Like CB said, a splitter amp would do the trick.

Comment

Get rid of the Tv

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post

It's garbage. You're welcome.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Is the TV in the Kitchen connected to a cable box? How many drops do you have, how many and what type of coax splitters are you using?

Comment

Wire run is standard coax. I have a weird setup...my main cable comes into the house and I have that going into the LR cable box (HDMI cable into TV) the out on the cable box is then run right back into the basement and then split a few times from there so all cables have main tv feed. I did try an 8dB Amp from Radio Shack but that didn't fix the volume on kitchen tv. I'll mess with the setup a bit more cus first attempt didn't help.

I'm thinking I may change over to Cat-5 and use a computer monitor and just put Slingbox feed into kitchen. Lags about 15-20 seconds behind main tv but does the trick.

Comment

It may be your cable box. Check the audio settings. I don't know if you have Comcast but someone else had the same problem.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...ow/td-p/787529

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                  It may be your cable box. Check the audio settings. I don't know if you have Comcast but someone else had the same problem.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...ow/td-p/787529
                  Hey thanks, that sounds promising, I will try that sheite tonight. No idea how you found that info but good looking out Dolomite.

Comment

DOLOMITE...you are

I turned kitchen tv on, came up to Living Room and powered up cable box, went to settings and audio and BAM, I didn't even change any settings and the volume in the kitchen skyrocketed.

THANK YOU THANK YOU :D

Comment

Working...
                    X