Conditioning tests for refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditioning tests for refs

High School Harry is apparently pretty influential.

As the pace of NFL games picks up, the league is reportedly making sure that its referees can handle it. In an NFL Network video, Jeff Darlington checks in from the annual Officials Clinic and says that the refs “underwent a more physical assessment than they ever have before.”

“You see the likes of Coach Kelly,” says NFL Executive VP of Operations Troy Vincent. “And that high tempo offense. They’re running rapid plays. The ball needs to be spotted rapidly, and we need to make sure that our officials are also evolving to the pace of that game.”

Darlington also notes that NFL VP of Officials Dean Blandino will have a line of direct line communication from his New York office with the refs on the field during replay reviews to discuss the calls. This development would definitely seem to be ideal, but hopefully won’t result in logjams if there are several calls challenged at the same time during the especially busy 1pm slate.
    Last edited by Melchior; 07-21-2014, 08:23 PM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike
Working...
X