X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelvin Benjamin visiting dream team today

per adam caplan

Kelvin Benjamin is from Belle Glade, Florida

Pretty rough area, from what I understand. If he gets drafted by Chip, I hope he doesn't have any gang ties, or asks for more money when he's got time left on a current contract. He does that, he won't last at Novacare.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I like him a lot but I'm not sure I could go 1st round for him. Great size 6'5 but is still raw as far as route running. If he's there in Rnd 2 I run the card up to the podium. If I'm going first round WRs though I'm going Cooks then Beckham.(Watkins,Evans and probably Lee gone)

Comment

i'm reading a book all about it as we speak called Muck City. Benjamin's senior season is the meat of the story.

The NFL talent that Belle Glades and Pahokee HS have produced is stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
          Pretty rough area, from what I understand. If he gets drafted by Chip, I hope he doesn't have any gang ties, or asks for more money when he's got time left on a current contract. He does that, he won't last at Novacare.
          Let it go Francis.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
            Let it go Francis.

Have to admit, I was thinking the same thing. Starting to think somebody needs to get EIO on a suicide watch list.
            Last edited by Eagle Road; 04-07-2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Nope

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
              Have to admit, I was thinking the same thing. Starting to think somebody needs to get EIO on a suicide watch list.
              I'm just not buying what the FO is selling. You two want to fall in line with the company line, knock yourselves out. I'm not going to.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 10 View Post
                I like him a lot but I'm not sure I could go 1st round for him. Great size 6'5 but is still raw as far as route running. If he's there in Rnd 2 I run the card up to the podium. If I'm going first round WRs though I'm going Cooks then Beckham.(Watkins,Evans and probably Lee gone)
                From everything I've read, he seems to be size and that's about it. Only had one solid season. Terrible YAC stats. Feels like a very high probability of bust, or at the very least a one-dimensional player.

If we take him over a defensive player in the 1st, I'll be pissed. Even in the second, I would not be excited.

Comment

Funny thing is the little guy Cooks, out bench pressed the big guy Benjamin. Plus registered higher numbers on most of the other workouts at the underwear olympics. Don't know about that vertical jump thing they do where they bat the slats. Have to think Benjamin did better there.

Comment

I think cooks vertical was 37" or so.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                      Funny thing is the little guy Cooks, out bench pressed the big guy Benjamin. Plus registered higher numbers on most of the other workouts at the underwear olympics. Don't know about that vertical jump thing they do where they bat the slats. Have to think Benjamin did better there.
                      Bench press would be one exercise where his arm length could hurt him, though. I'm not so worried about his bench press as I am his athletic measurables.

Either way, I'd take Cooks over Benjamin and an impact defender over either of them in the first.

Comment

Who cares how much a WR can bench press?

nonsense metric
                        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Got to get off the press.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

And what does a bench press have to do with that?

If a WR started a play on his back on the ground with a defender on top of him that he had to push off you'd have a point
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

You're going to be that literal?

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                              If a WR started a play on his back on the ground with a defender on top of him that he had to push off you'd have a point
                              Dude, no one is saying it's the only metric they go by, but the amount of bench press reps a guy can do is an indication of how much time he spends on strength training.

The bench press may not translate exactly to the field, but upper body strength in general is still important for WR's, like it is for any position (besides kickers).
                              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                              X