• Show
Clear All

Yeah it's so relevant that QBs and WRs are exempt from the test

Real man of genius
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
      Real man of genius
      It's an overrated exercise but it is still a benchmark (pardon the pun) of upper body strength. Cooks is stronger than Benjamin even though he's much smaller. The long arms don't help the bigger man, but we're talking a 240 pounder vs a 180 pounder lifting 220 pounds x amount of times. Lower than Benjamin's own body weight.

Mostly what it tells me is Cooks is stronger than Jackson himself in a similarly sized package and skill set. I don't think Kelly is going with either one in the 1st round and neither is coming here, so this is academic.
      Last edited by The Ref; 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Seriously. Besides, everyone knows that the cone drill is the more defining metric for success in the pros.

Comment

Apparently Jerry Rice struggled with the bench press

Somehow that didn't stop him from becoming the greatest WR of all time.

They should put in a monkey bars test!
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
            Real man of genius
            Oy vey. It's a fucking metric like any other metric. Running in a straight line in your underwear doesn't tell anyone what kind of player you'll be either, but it provides data and a benchmark for comparison's sake.

Why are you being so cunty about this?
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              per adam caplan
              Hmmm. From the Tweeter:

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 16m

Kelvin Benjamin 30th in my new rankings. Was told KB recently blew off workout w NFL coach who had made special trip, said he was too tired
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Hmmm. From the Tweeter:

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 16m

Kelvin Benjamin 30th in my new rankings. Was told KB recently blew off workout w NFL coach who had made special trip, said he was too tired
                Eagles got Brandt in on the ground level for the smear of Benjamin.

For real though, if he did blow off a workout like that….PASS!

Comment

Working...
                X