X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colbert To Replace Letterman

leaving the character behind for the big time

No fucking way...
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      No fucking way...
      http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/11/bu...late-show.html

Comment

Wasn't doubting it. I just didn't think it'd actually happen.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I CALLED IT!

"I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            Love the Colbert Report and the dude is super talented, but it's hard to say if he will translate over and do as well outside of the sharp political satire context. I wish him luck.

I wonder if Stewart will put someone else on at 11:30? John Oliver would have been the heir apparent but he left to do an HBO show.

Comment

GREAT choice!

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
              I dont think "character" is much of a stretch for the real Colbert. I think he will be hilarious, have more edge than Fallon. I will really miss Dave, but Colbert will be the pick of the new litter, IMO
              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Ironic thing about Colbert is he's older than his late night competitors Kimmel and Fallon but his audience skews younger than both of them.

It's a great but risky choice for CBS.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  I dont think "character" is much of a stretch for the real Colbert. I think he will be hilarious, have more edge than Fallon. I will really miss Dave, but Colbert will be the pick of the new litter, IMO
                  I actually think the character "Colbert" gives him a clean break.

Comment

I thought this was a football board......

nm
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

much more interesting than DJAXVACATIONPHANS

Comment

I'm partial

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        much more interesting than DJAXVACATIONPHANS
                        to IWANTANSWERSPHANS, myself....
                        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                          Ironic thing about Colbert is he's older than his late night competitors Kimmel and Fallon but his audience skews younger than both of them.

It's a great but risky choice for CBS.

Arsenio Hall was the first late night to bring in the younger audience.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                            Arsenio Hall was the first late night to bring in the younger audience.
                            Well, younger is relative when comparing current late night talk shows. Fallon's average age is 53. Kimmel's, 56. Colbert's on Comedy Central was a spry 42.

No idea what Hall's average age was, but I doubt it was much younger than 40. Young people just don't seem to be very interested in late night tv talk shows.

Comment

I like Colbert but why lock in now? We live in a light speed culture. And you build more interest by waiting.

I would have gone with OJ. We're talking ratings, man!
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X