• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching 30 for 30 on '83 draft

Eagles picked 8th.

Michael haddix.

"Lowest yards per carry (3.0) in NFL history."

9h pick: Houston oilers select Bruce Matthews.

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    Eagles picked 8th.

Michael haddix.

"Lowest yards per carry (3.0) in NFL history."

9h pick: Houston oilers select Bruce Matthews.
    This made me laugh. Seriously. I remember Buddy coming to his first camp in 86 and saying that Haddix was built like a reject guard from the USFL.

Comment

Sad. Jim Murray was the GM, I believe. Helped Vermeil build his team from scratch in the 70's with no 1st rounders for a few years. Murray obviously swung and missed on Haddix though.

This was also the period where Tose was getting really fucked up with Black Jack debts that led to the sale of the team just two years later. Related? Don't know.

Comment

The Mamula draft was worse IMO, the 3 picks they traded for him TB turned into Sapp and Derrick Brooks.
        Last edited by common wealth; 04-12-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
          The Mamula draft was worse IMO, the 3 picks they traded for him TB turned into Sapp and Derrick Brooks.
          Jesssssus! The same guys that beat the Eagles in the final game at the Vet to secure their SB.

Comment

There are so many "kicked in the nuts" moments to choose from.

Comment

Worse than bypassing Jerry Rice in 85 to draft Kevin Allen?
              Or by trading their 89 first rounder for Ron Solt?

Again going back to the original post, this is what happens a lot when you draft out of need--they drafted Haddix because Montgomery's injuries were beginning to pile up and Perry Harrington was a bust in the 2nd round 3 years before.

I'll be really curious to see what this FO will do if, say, Ebron is still on the board at 22 and defensive players like Dennard are still on the board.
              Last edited by bobbyuk; 04-13-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                Worse than bypassing Jerry Rice in 85 to draft Kevin Allen?
                Or by trading their 89 first rounder for Ron Solt?

Again going back to the original post, this is what happens a lot when you draft out of need--they drafted Haddix because Montgomery's injuries were beginning to pile up and Perry Harrington was a bust in the 2nd round 3 years before.

I'll be really curious to see what this FO will do if, say, Ebron is still on the board at 22 and defensive players like Dennard are still on the board.
                Are you saying Ebron will definitely be better than Dennard? I'm confused.

Comment

DickV recommended the pick.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                  X