Lesean speaks on Desean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesean speaks on Desean

100% smear campaign by the Eagles and their anonymous cowards.

"LeSean McCoy says he never saw DeSean Jackson curse at Chip Kelly, and McCoy indicated that there is no reason for Eagles players to be happy Jackson is gone to the Washington Redskins, after having been released by the Eagles."

"McCoy rejected an assertion that Jackson didn't hang out with or get along with teammates."

"Despite his feelings for Jackson, McCoy seemed concerned that fans would get the wrong picture of Kelly's ego from the dispute. (Of course, one way to keep that from happening would be for Kelly to speak, which he hasn't done since Jackson's release)."

Get ready for the circus.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...n-is-gone.html
    Last edited by Brandonn; 04-12-2014, 04:41 PM. Reason: link

Another hack job article. It started with the headline on philly.com's front page and didn't get any better. There are more clowns in the local media.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post
      100% smear campaign by the Eagles and their anonymous cowards.

"LeSean McCoy says he never saw DeSean Jackson curse at Chip Kelly, and McCoy indicated that there is no reason for Eagles players to be happy Jackson is gone to the Washington Redskins, after having been released by the Eagles."

"McCoy rejected an assertion that Jackson didn't hang out with or get along with teammates."

"Despite his feelings for Jackson, McCoy seemed concerned that fans would get the wrong picture of Kelly's ego from the dispute. (Of course, one way to keep that from happening would be for Kelly to speak, which he hasn't done since Jackson's release)."

Get ready for the circus.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...n-is-gone.html
      Here's Kapadia's take on McCoy's comments.
      http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...efense-desean/
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Scroll down the comments, Jofrey Rice, haven't see that name for a while.

Comment

McCoy is next in line for the smear campaign. I can't see the Eagles paying a running back ten million a year.

But as long as Kelly wins, he can do whatever he wants. And if he loses, he takes his 35 million back to the NCAA. No lose situation for Chip. Financially.
          Last edited by Maniac; 04-12-2014, 10:09 PM. Reason: Financially
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            McCoy is next in line for the smear campaign. I can't see the Eagles paying a running back ten million a year.

But as long as Kelly wins, he can do whatever he wants. And if he loses, he takes his 35 million back to the NCAA. No lose situation for Chip. Financially.
            Agreed. Get ready for the McCoy smear campaign to begin right after the season ends. He will not likely have as good a year with Jackson not there.

The mouthbreathers will fall right in line claiming that Chris Polk is the shit. And they have Sproles so what do they need McCoy for?

Comment

I think this is a little much. I'm as much of a Desean fan as you or anyone else so don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think the offense is going to drop of so much that teams can simply shut down McCoy. Kelly is dedicated to the run. DJax has a special skill set but I believe he had half of his yards last year in like 4 games. Good corners have been able to mash him at the line and shut him down. I know, I'm smearing him. Believe me, I wish he were still here, but the notion that his departure will allow teams to simply shut down McCoy seems silly to me.

And as far as McCoy being gone, or a smear campaign, that doesn't jive at all with this article. He respects Kelly. He made that plenty clear last year and this article is no different. You're reaching.
              Last edited by McCarthy12; 04-13-2014, 08:52 AM.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

That article could have been written in one sentence

Follow the money
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'll be rooting green come September

Comment

On Word About That Statement

Wrong!
                    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

You realize that McCoy's cap number in 2015 is 12 million dollars? Only one million is guaranteed.

Comment

Do you think he will be cut next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                          Do you think he will be cut next year?
                          Great question. Ten million is an awful lot to commit to a running back. Chip says no player is irreplaceable. If they draft a running back this season, I'd say McCoy is on thin ice. A third round draft pick might cost 5M for 4 years. Is Shady worth 10+ million?

Comment

Did Chip actually say that or are you saying that because they cut DJax? McCoy is probably the best player on the team and arguably the best running back in the league. Given the importance of the running game to his offense, I would bet that Chip views him differently than DJax. Unless he shows signs of slowing down, I would be shocked if they cut McCoy. Don't see that happening at all.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              Did Chip actually say that or are you saying that because they cut DJax? McCoy is probably the best player on the team and arguably the best running back in the league. Given the importance of the running game to his offense, I would bet that Chip views him differently than DJax. Unless he shows signs of slowing down, I would be shocked if they cut McCoy. Don't see that happening at all.
                              Pretty sure Kelly said any player could be replaced. Not gonna bother looking it up. It doesnt matter that much what he said.. Running back is an easy position to fill. Easier than WR. Generally they only have a handful of peak seasons. The Eagles have had strong running backs since Rickey Watters. I could easily see them releasing McCoy rather than paying 10M. Makes a lot of sense really. He hasn't exactly been a perfect citizen.

So now we have a guy going on the record saying Jackson wasn't a locker room problem. And we have the unnamed sources saying he was. Who to believe?

Comment

Working...
                              X